Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Castle Rock Hostel
15 Johnston Terrace, Old Town, Edinburgh, EH12PW, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.8/10! (score from 2000 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Edinburgh – Excellent location – show map
In Edinburgh’s Old Town, Castle Rock Hostel is conveniently located 11 minutes’ walk from Waverley Train Station, and 3 minutes from Grassmarket and Edinburgh Castle. In a 19th-century building decorated with art, this adult-only property has colorful dormitories and free WiFi access.
The hostel offers accommodations exclusively for guests aged 18 years and older. Dormitories feature bunk beds with bedside lockers and have use of shared bathroom facilities with showers. There is a cozy lounge with a piano and large sofas by the fireplace, a movie room with big screen and an internet lounge with WiFi.
Breakfast is unfortunately not available at the moment, but we have a large self catering kitchen for guest use. Laundry and luggage storage services are also offered.
This hostel is around 5 minutes’ walk from Princes Street Gardens, The Scottish National Gallery and the National Museum of Scotland. It is also a pick-up point for free walking tours around the city.
This is our guests' favorite part of Edinburgh, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
4 reasons to choose Castle Rock Hostel
- How far are you from the Bus Stop (Direct Special Bus, not local bus) to the airport? I need to take the bus at 4am in the morning, and I don't want ...Hi, It is about a 10min walk to the Airlink 100 bus stop from our Hostel. The bus leaves every 10min 24hrs a day. If you have any further questions,...Answered on December 9, 2019
- Are people who are booking for a single person use going to be in rooms with other people? Just wondering due to COVIDHi Thanks for getting in touch! At the present moment we are allocating single person travellers to their own room, with their own allocated shower...Answered on December 15, 2020
- Hiya, I travel solo and stopping in Edinburgh for feew days... I like the vibe of ur place, just not sure about sharing a dorm with others regarding c...Hi there! Our COVID protocols mean that all bookings get their own room, so you won't be sharing with anyone :) Hope to see you soon! Castle Rock ...Answered on June 17, 2021
- I will be traveling with e other people. coming from airport would taxi or bus be easier?We normally recommend the bus (Airlink 100) as it is inexpensive, quick and easy.Answered on July 12, 2022
- I'm arriving late at night, is it safe to walk from the bus stop to the hostel?? thank youuHi, yes it is !Answered on December 18, 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Castle Rock Hostel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
When booking for 5 guests or more, different policies and additional supplements will apply. A collection of individual bookings of friends/family is still classed as a group. Please contact the property directly for full terms.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
It's not possible to stay at this property for coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine purposes.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
FAQs about Castle Rock Hostel
From the nearest airport, you can get to Castle Rock Hostel by:
- Tram 40min
The prices at Castle Rock Hostel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Castle Rock Hostel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:30 AM.
Castle Rock Hostel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Stand-up comedy
- Walking tours
- Movie nights
- Tour or class about local culture
Castle Rock Hostel is 650 feet from the center of Edinburgh.