36 Burgate, Canterbury, CT1 2HA, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.7/10! (score from 1423 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The Cathedral Gate hotel is a small, independent hotel that provides guests with friendly customer service in a historic building dating back to 1438.
Property surroundings –
- Canterbury Cathedral 0.1 miles
- The Marlowe Theatre 0.2 miles
- Westgate 0.3 miles
- Canterbury Christ Church University 0.4 miles
- Canterbury Castle 0.4 miles
- Canterbury East Train Station 0.4 miles
- Canterbury WestTrain Station 0.4 miles
- University for the Creative Arts Canterbury 0.5 miles
- Kent and Canterbury Hospital 0.9 miles
- Chaucer College 1.1 miles
Most popular landmarks
- University of Kent 1.4 miles
- Wingham Wildlife Park 6.3 miles
- Sandwich Railway Station 11.3 miles
- Ashford Eurostar International 13 miles
- Folkestone Central Railway Station 14.1 miles
- Sandown Castle 14.1 miles
- Dover Priory Station 14.3 miles
- Deal Castle 14.5 miles
- Folkestone Harbour 15.3 miles
- Granville Theatre 15.5 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Cafe/bar 0 miles
- Restaurant 0 miles
- Market 0.1 miles
- Supermarket 0.2 miles
- River 0.2 miles
- Sea/ocean 6.2 miles
- London Southend Airport 25.8 miles
- London City Airport 47.2 miles
- London Gatwick Airport 54.5 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 reasons to choose Cathedral Gate
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
They speak 3 languages
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 6 per day.
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Luggage storage
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
15:00 - 23:00
07:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 15 per person per night for children's cots/cribs.
The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Please note that due to the nature of the building, there is quite a lot of stairs and no lift.
The hotel is in a central location in the pedestrianised city centre, however, guests are welcome to drive to the hotel's front door for unloading prior to parking.
Parking vouchers for the public car park cost GBP 6 for 24-hours parking. From 18:00 to 10:00, parking costs GBP 2.
Baby cots are provided upon request only. They are not guaranteed until confirmed by the hotel.