The Chequers Hotel
Oxford Street, Newbury, RG14 1JB, United Kingdom –
My name is Sally Gillespie and I am the Business Development Manager for Chequers Hotel, Newbury. This hotel is very special to me, offering so much character in an old coaching inn, now a superb 3 star hotel. We have recently refurbished the ground floor reception, bar lounge and restaurant. Also open to non residents as we relish to be part of the community. We aim to deliver quality service and food and we will always ensure you leave completely satisfied, wanting to return!
Want to send a special request to Sally Gillespie, Business Development Manager? Add in the next step!
Area Info –
- Donnington Grove Country Club 0.3 miles
- Newbury Library 0.4 miles
- Newbury Racecourse 0.9 miles
- Donnington Castle 1 miles
- West Berkshire Community Hospital 1.5 miles
- Chieveley Services M4 3.2 miles
- Wickham House 5.3 miles
- Highclere Castle 5.8 miles
- Bishopwood Golf Club 8.1 miles
- Membury Services M4 11.4 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Bombay Sapphire Distillery 11.9 miles
- River Kennet River 0.4 miles
- Southampton Airport 31.7 miles
- London Heathrow Airport 37.9 miles
- Bournemouth Airport 48.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose The Chequers Hotel
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Suit Press
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Honeymoon Suite
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
All children under 6 years stay free of charge for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults stay free of charge for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Maintenance to the exterior of the building has now commenced, necessitating the need for scaffolding around selected parts of the building.
Please enter requests for extra child beds and/or cots, noting the age of the child, in the comments box when booking.
Reservations for 6 or more rooms made under the same name and for the same arrival date will be classed as a group booking and may require a deposit or full pre-payment before the date of arrival.
The hotel does not accept pets, with the exception of service animals.