Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House
Church Road, Herstmonceux, BN27 1QJ, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 224 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Among the beautiful countryside of the South Downs, this heritage-listed country house dates back to 1577. Rooms with free Wi-Fi overlook 1.5 acres of peaceful landscaped grounds.
With a flat-screen TV, DVD player and private bathroom, the Cleavers Lyng’s bright, airy rooms are each well-furnished. All have wonderful views, while some are furnished with antiques.
Locally sourced and seasonal home-grown ingredients are served as part of the delicious full English breakfast. A lighter selection of toast, croissants, fruits, yogurt and homemade marmalade are also available.
Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House’s character and history is demonstrated by the original inglenook fireplace in the lounge.
The famous Hastings Battlefield, which defines the region, is a 20-minute drive away. Closer by, guests can take a pleasant 10-minute walk through the countryside to Herstmonceux Castle Estate.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, Do you do gluten free options for breakfast ?WE can offer glutton free bread on request.Answered on 20 September 2021
- Hi, I can't see when I'm booking a dog section... I have one small dog that will be with us, would it be better to ring the hotel and book. Many thanksWe would prefer for you to ring to book a dog in. Thank you.Answered on 21 July 2021
- do you have a room available for 1 adult and 1 assistants dog 16 - 20 July please . Thank youHello , I am very sorry but have only just seen your question. It is ok to come with a service dog but I do not have a room available from the 16th t..Answered on 9 June 2021
- is there an enclosed outside area for two small dogs?Sorry we have a very large garden, dogs should be kept on a lead. Lots of walks from our door however.Answered on 3 July 2021
- Hi - we’ve just booked the double room with balcony for 2 days in May. Could I just check that the room has an en-suite bathroom. Many thanksYes all of our bedrooms are en-suite.Answered on 10 April 2022
- Still looking?
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Baggage storage
- Invoice provided
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please inform Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Payment before arrival by bank transfer is required. The property will contact you after you book to provide instructions.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
FAQs about Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House
Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Check-in at Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House is from 1:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House is 1.3 miles from the center of Herstmonceux.
The prices at Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Cleavers Lyng 16th Century Country House can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish