This property isn’t taking reservations on our site right now. But don’t worry, you can find tons of other nearby properties right here.
Hotel Donnington Grove
Grove Road, Newbury, RG14 2LA, United Kingdom – Great location - show map
Got a question?
Find more info in the questions and answers. Need something else? Send your own question to the property below.
About Donnington Grove
Thanks! You'll receive an email as soon as the property answers your question.
Donnington Grove Hotel is a beautiful 18th century country hotel in Newbury, in the heart of the Royal County of Berkshire. It's set in 500 acres of elegant grounds and comes with a rich, intriguing history. The hotel is situated within easy reach of the M4, M5 motorway network, easily accessible to attractions like Highclere Castle (TV home to Downton Abbey), Newbury Race Course and for cruising the Kennet and Avon canal. It is also home to one of Berkshire's renowned championship golf courses, having played host to a number of Pro and televised golf events. Guests adore the unrivalled views of Donnington Castle and the idyllic River Lambourn, with its resident trout, ducks and swans. They also love the warmth of the welcome, the excellent service and wide choice of accommodation, from splendid manor house rooms to cosy lodges and an eco-friendly summer house. All these qualities mark Donnington Grove as one of the most unique hotels in Berkshire.
Supermarket Waitrose1.4 miles
Market Newbury Farmers Market1.6 miles
Supermarket Sainsbury2.3 miles
Southampton Airport32.4 miles
London Heathrow Airport38.4 miles
Gloucestershire Airport48.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose Donnington Grove
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most popular amenities
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
Pets are not allowed.
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Themed dinners Additional charge
- Fishing Additional charge
- Golf course (within 2 miles) Additional charge
Food & Drink
- On-site coffee shop
- Chocolate/Cookies Additional charge
- Fruit Additional charge
- Bottle of water Additional charge
- Wine/Champagne Additional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kids' meals Additional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible parking
- Secure parking
Front Desk Services
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Books, DVDs & music for kids
- Daily housekeeping
- Fax/Photocopying Additional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilities Additional charge
Safety & security
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- 24-hour security
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Packed lunches
- Honeymoon suite
- Hair/Beauty salon
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Wheelchair accessible
Health & Wellness Facilities
- Locker rooms
- Full-body massage Additional charge
- Hand massage Additional charge
- Head massage Additional charge
- Couples' massage Additional charge
- Foot massage Additional charge
- Neck massage Additional charge
- Back massage Additional charge
- Steam room
- Light therapy
- Body treatments
- Hair treatments
- Waxing services
- Facial treatments
- Beauty services
- Massage Additional charge
- First aid kits available
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and common areas
- Shared stationery (e.g. printed menus, magazines, pens, paper) removed
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Screens or physical barriers between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Cashless payment available
- Contactless check-in/out
Cleanliness & disinfection
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Guest accommodation disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels, and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
Food & drink safety
- Delivered food covered securely
- All plates, cutlery, glasses, and other tableware sanitized
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Physical distancing in dining areas
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
1:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 16 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Crib by request
|£10 per child, per night|
Extra bed by request
|£10 per person, per night|
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Donnington Grove accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service hours.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform Donnington Grove of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.