Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Douneside House, Tarland, AB34 4UL, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 88 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Douneside House is located in Tarland, 31 mi from Aberdeen. Douneside House features views of the countryside and complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Guests can enjoy a Full Scottish breakfast each morning.
Each room is individually designed and features a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some rooms feature a private garden and patio area. A shared lounge is available at the property.
Guests at this property have free access to Douneside's onsite Health Club which features an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, a steam room and a fully-equipped gym. There is also a range of fitness classes available, which guests are advised to book in advance.
Douneside House includes an on-site restaurant which offers a range of menus including lunch, afternoon tea, table d'hote and tasting menus. Most dishes are produced using local produce and fruit and vegetables are grown organically in the grounds of the property. Additionally, the property features a bar.
You can play tennis and mini-golf at this hotel, and the area is popular for golfing and cycling. Stonehaven is 27 mi from Douneside House, while Dyce is 25 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Aberdeen Airport, 25 mi from Douneside House.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
4 reasons to choose Douneside House
- Good afternoon, even with the pandemic is the pool still open to use and enjoy? many thanks janeGood afternoon Jane, Yes our pool is still open, but by appointment only. Meaning you will have to pre-book your swimming slot beforehand. Kind rega...Answered on December 5, 2020
- Do you do weddings/receptions>Yes we do 60guests for Exclusive weddings over 2 days or 14guests in our intimate Library weddings.Answered on October 3, 2020
- How far is it from the apartments to the main building?Our holiday cottages and apartment are a short two minute walk from the main building.Answered on February 16, 2021
- Is the steam room, sauna and pool open during covid-19 pandemic?Our swimming pool will reopen from 1st May 2021 and will require advanced booking. Our steam room and sauna are currently closed. This is a UK restric...Answered on March 15, 2021
- do you have a lift?Good afternoon, we have no lift in the house, unfortunately. However, some of our cottages have ground floor access and accessible showers. Kind reg...Answered on August 17, 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Extra bed by request
|£35 per child, per night|
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
The maximum number of extra beds allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check the maximum capacity for the room you selected.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Douneside House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Douneside House
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Yes, Douneside House is popular with guests booking family stays.
Douneside House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Pool table
- Game room
- Tennis court
- Mini golf
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Fitness classes
- Water sports facilities on site
- Steam room
- Personal trainer
- Tennis equipment
- Swimming pool
- Locker rooms
- Yoga classes
- Badminton equipment
The prices at Douneside House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Douneside House can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at Douneside House on this page.
Room options at Douneside House include:
Check-in at Douneside House is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Douneside House is 0.7 miles from the center of Tarland.