Duke Of Wellington
115 Wellington Street, Matlock, DE4 3GX, United Kingdom – Good location – show map
Rich in original character and traditional charm, this cozy 19th-century country inn offers good beers, affordable food and comfortable rooms with private bathrooms in the converted former stable block.
Originally built in 1866, the Duke of Wellington was once a working farm and an inn for drovers. Traditionally built from Derbyshire limestone, the pub has a slate roof, roaring log fires and extensive gardens. Free wireless internet access is available in the bar.
There are 9 rooms with private bathrooms in the beautifully converted stable block. Set away from the main building, the rooms offer comfort and privacy. The stable block has its own flagstone courtyard and free private parking is available on site. All rooms have TVs and tea/coffee making facilities.
Recently redecorated in a traditional country style, the inn boasts extensive floral gardens with comfortable seating areas. There is also a fully enclosed and heated patio area, overlooking Riber Castle and the Derwent Valley.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi We are cycling the pennine bridleway. Would you have anywhere that we could securely store 4 bikes overnight? Many thanks PhilHello! We now have a designated building for bikes. This is secured and fitted with appropriate racking and CCTV so you can be sure they’re safeAnswered on 21 July 2020
- Are there hairdryers in rooms pleaseHi, Unfortunately not.Answered on 14 October 2019
- Do you have tea making facilities in the room ?Hi, Yes there is tea and coffee available in the rooms. ThanksAnswered on 26 January 2020
- Hi are dogs allowed to stay in the rooms ? Even if you bring a cage ?Hi, Yes we allow them in certain double rooms, there is an additional £10 charge for the dog to stay.Answered on 16 January 2020
- Is breakfast includedHi, Breakfast is not included in our rates. Breakfast is £7.95 for full english or £5.95 for continental.Answered on 3 February 2020
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Electric kettle
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Smoke-free property
- Non-smoking rooms
2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
Duke Of Wellington accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
- Room 6
- Room 7
- Room 8
If you are planning to travel with your pet, please contact the hotel directly after booking so they can allocate you one of these specific rooms. Rooms are subject to availability and must be approved by the property prior to arrival.
Upon check-out, after inspection of the room, any damage will be charged to the card used for the booking. Cost is equal to room rate.
FAQs about Duke Of Wellington
Duke Of Wellington offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Check-in at Duke Of Wellington is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Room options at Duke Of Wellington include:
The prices at Duke Of Wellington may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Duke Of Wellington is 0.7 miles from the center of Matlock.
Guests staying at Duke Of Wellington can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish