Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
Old Elvet, Durham, DH1 3JN, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.4/10! (score from 3192 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
3 reasons to choose Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
From its small beginnings in the 1600's, the hotel has expanded over the years
Property surroundings – Guests loved walking around the neighbourhood!
- Durham Magistrates Court 0.1 miles
- Palace Green 0.2 miles
- Palace Green Library 0.2 miles
- Durham Castle 0.2 miles
- Durham Crown Court 0.2 miles
- Durham Cathedral 0.3 miles
- Durham Train Station 0.5 miles
- Bill Bryson Library 0.5 miles
- Institute for Computational Cosmology 0.6 miles
- Durham University 0.8 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Lumley Castle 5.4 miles
- Beamish Museum 8.1 miles
- Stadium of Light 12.1 miles
- MetroCentre 13.1 miles
- Metro Radio Arena 13.2 miles
- The Sage 13.4 miles
- Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art 13.4 miles
- Newcastle Train Station 13.5 miles
- Quayside 13.5 miles
- Theatre Royal 13.7 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Tealicious Tearoom Cafe/bar 0 miles
- Zen Restaurant 0.1 miles
- The Court Inn Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Tesco Supermarket 0.5 miles
- Durham Indoor Market Market 0.5 miles
- Newcastle International Airport 18.9 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
No 59 Old Elvet
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
The Brew Bar
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, High tea
Most popular facilities
- Outdoor furniture
Pool and wellness
- Swimming pool
- Heated pool
- Indoor pool
- Hot tub/jacuzzi
- Fitness centre
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Kid meals (Additional charge)
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not possible) and costs GBP 7 per day.
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in/check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning (Additional charge)
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
- Meeting/banquet facilities (Additional charge)
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Safety deposit box
- Bridal suite
- Family rooms
- Barber/beauty shop
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Newspapers (Additional charge)
- Room service
We're sorry to hear that...No thanks
Your feedback will help us to improve this feature for all of our customers.Close
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
From 15:00 hours
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
All children under 12 years are charged GBP 15 per night for extra beds.
All further older children or adults are charged GBP 15 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please note that the extra beds provided are roll-away beds. See Policies.
Guests should note that the road leading directly to the hotel will be closed with strictly no access from 06:30 until 20:30 on Saturday, 14 July 2018 due to a city event.
Guests can purchase a Continental breakfast for GBP 12.50.