Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
The Gateway Hotel
14 Balham Hill, Wandsworth, London, SW12 9EB, United Kingdom – Great location - show map – Subway Access
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Gateway Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
With rooms with attached bathroom and free Wi-Fi, Gateway Hotel is 500 feet from Clapham South Tube Station, a short walk from the open green space of Clapham Common.
Clapham is a lively area with many bars, shops, restaurants, and trendy gastro pubs. With easy access to the London Underground, you can quickly reach central London, the West End or Wimbledon.
Each room is slightly different from the next. All feature private bathrooms and a flat-screen TV/DVD player with Free view channels.
Hotel does not a elevator. Please let the hotel know if you require a room on one of the lower floors.
Smoking is strictly forbidden at the hotel. Guests will be charged a minimum of £100.00 cleaning fee if found to have been in contravention of this and will also be asked to leave without refund.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.9 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose The Gateway Hotel
- Hi, what is latest check in time please ? Thank you.We normally close reception at 9pm weekdays, 8pm on Saturdays and 6pm on Sundays. Self check in options available after reception opening hours.Answered on November 27, 2019
- Is breakfast available? Or is it possible to have self made breakfast in room? Looking to book for visit to o2 academy with my 16 yr old.Unfortunately we do not do breakfast however there are quite a few nice cafes within 2 min walk from us.Answered on March 6, 2020
- Is it possible to get an early check in?We can not guarantee the room to be ready before 3pm, but you are more then welcome to leave your luggage with us from as early as 8am.Answered on March 6, 2020
- I am looking at booking Sunday 22nd March just for one night and would need to be able to park my car. Is this possible.Our parking is very limited and have to be pre-booked via the phone. The charge is £5.00 per car per night (vans and 4x4`s £10.00 per night).Answered on March 6, 2020
- Hello - we are coming to Clapham to perform in a nearby theatre for two nights, Sunday and Monday, and need to stay somewhere for Sunday night - 3 pp...You would have to book parking for Sunday and Monday nights. We charge £5.00 per vehicle per night (vans £10.00)Answered on November 27, 2019
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Crib by request
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The maximum number of cribs allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check the maximum capacity for the room you selected.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
The Gateway Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that parking is also available for vans for GBP 10 per night, subject to prior arrangement.
Please note that hotel does not have a elevator. Please let the property know if you require a room on one of the lower floors.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service hours.
Please inform The Gateway Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Gateway Hotel
Check-in at The Gateway Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Room options at The Gateway Hotel include:
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Gateway Hotel by:
- Train 50min
The Gateway Hotel is 3.7 miles from the center of London.
The Gateway Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
The prices at The Gateway Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.