On the edge of Loch Lomond and a 30 minute drive from Glasgow and its airport, this 4-star guesthouse has hearty Scottish breakfasts and free Wi-Fi.
Traditionally decorated, the bedrooms at Gowanlea Guest House all feature a flat-screen TV and free toiletries. Guests can also enjoy tea/coffee-making facilities.
A cooked breakfast made with local produce is served in the morning from 8:00 to 9:00. Continental and vegetarian options are also available upon request.
The town of Balloch, a 5 minute walk from Gowanlea offers many attractions including Balloch Castle, Go Ape theme park, and fishing. There is free parking at the property.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
- Is the bathroom en suite or shared with other guests?Hi there Bathroom are en-suite in the rooms.AndreaAnswered on 15 December 2019
- Hi are all your rooms up a flight of stairs pleaseYes unfortunately all our rooms are upstairs.AndreaAnswered on 15 October 2022
- Hello we are travelling to my parents in Campbeltown on Tuesday 2 nd March and are looking to stop half way overnight with a small dog if possibleHi there we do allow dogs there is a small charge we also require a reason for travelling due to Covid.AndreaAnswered on 28 February 2021
- Does the rooms have a bath?? Are there local walks near by??Hi we do have a double en-suite which is fitted with a bath and overhead shower you can request this on your booking and we will do our best to alloca..Answered on 19 September 2021
- Is there an extra charge for a small dog?There is a small charge of £5.xAnswered on 31 October 2020
- Still looking?
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 2 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Debit card Gowanlea Guest House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
FAQs about Gowanlea Guest House
Check-in at Gowanlea Guest House is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:30 AM.
The prices at Gowanlea Guest House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Gowanlea Guest House is 1,300 feet from the center of Balloch.
Guests staying at Gowanlea Guest House can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Gowanlea Guest House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Room options at Gowanlea Guest House include: