The Grange Hotel
1 Clifton, York, YO30 6AA, United Kingdom – Great location - show map
|Standard Double Room|
|Superior King Room|
|Small Double Room|
|King Double or Twin Room|
|Premier King Room|
|Four Poster Bedroom|
This classic Regency townhouse, formerly known as Bootham Grange, was built and occupied in 1829 by two members of a wealthy ecclesiastical family, the Richardsons. Two of the brothers were incumbents at local churches and one, in fact was a well known evangelical Minister at St. Michael le Belfrey which stands in the shadow of York Minister. The joint occupancy of the property continued until 1924 when it was converted into flats for family members of the owner at the time. During the 2nd World War, these flats were occupied by women service personnel and the brick vaulted cellar, now The Ivy Brasserie, was an air raid shelter. The building remained in multiple occupancy before being purchased in 1989 by Jeremy and Vivien Cassel who converted it into the luxury four star hotel in York that it is today. Celebrated Swiss designer, Christophe Gollut, who previously designed the dining room at the House of Lords, helped restore the building to its former glory. The Grange Hotel was opened on 12 March 1990 and is owned by Mr Jeremy Cassel, along with many small investors. Famous and rare racing memorabilia adorns the walls of The Grange. On the main stair case you will find
The Grange Hotel takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Gillygate 0.3 miles
- King's Manor Library 0.3 miles
- Union Terrace Car and Coach Park 0.3 miles
- York Theatre Royal 0.3 miles
- York Central Library 0.4 miles
- York Minster Library 0.4 miles
- York St John University 0.4 miles
- York Minster 0.4 miles
- National Railway Museum 0.5 miles
- Stonegate 0.5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms 0.5 miles
- York Train Station 0.5 miles
- York Railway Station 0.5 miles
- York City Walls 0.7 miles
- Grand Opera House 0.7 miles
- York Barbican 1.1 miles
- Knavesmire 1.9 miles
- University of York 2 miles
- Allerton Castle 11.7 miles
- Bramham Park 12.3 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Sainsbury Supermarket 0 miles
- James Italian Restaurant 0 miles
- City Centre Market/shops Market 0 miles
- star Inn Restaurant 0 miles
- Ouse River 0 miles
- Leeds Bradford Airport 24.1 miles
- Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield 34.2 miles
- Humberside Airport 40.1 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
6 Reasons to Choose The Grange Hotel
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Guests loved the "boutique" style
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is available on site (reservation is needed) and costs GBP 10 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Daily Housekeeping
- Suit Press
- Ironing Service
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Packed Lunches
- Honeymoon Suite
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
All children from 3 to 12 year are charged GBP 25 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/cribs in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Please note that extra beds are only suitable for children, and cannot accommodate adults.
Small well behaved dogs are accepted.
Please contact the hotel directly to reserve a parking space.
100% Verified Reviews
Real guests. Real stays. Real opinions.
Based on 607 reviews
Good: 7 – 9
Okay: 5 – 7
Poor: 3 – 5
Very Poor: 1 – 3
Value for money
Show reviews from: