70 Harnham Road, Salisbury, SP2 8JN, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 867 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Riverside! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
The Riverside is set amid 1.5 acres of scenic gardens, rolling lawns and towering trees which back onto the banks of the rivers of Avon and Nadder, Only a few minutes' walk from the center of Salisbury, it also offers cathedral views.
Each of The Riverside's rooms reflects the Victorian heritage of the property, as well as featuring modern facilities such as Wi-Fi and a TV with Freeview channels.
Views over the gardens and Salisbury Cathedral can be enjoyed from Mark's Bar with a wonderful selection of beers and wine.
Salisbury railway station is on the main London Waterloo line and is 20 minutes' walk or a 7 minute taxi ride away. Stonehenge is just 10 miles away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- One of our party is partially disabled and would need a walk in showerI am afraid that we do not have any walk in showers in any of our rooms.Answered on 2 July 2022
- Hi, what's the difference between the classic family room and the superior family room please? thank you.The classic family room is located at the front of the property where as they superior family room is to the rear of the property with views of the river.Answered on 21 July 2022
- Is the restaurant open?The restaurant is currently closed for lunch and dinner, breakfast is unaffected. We are running a free service to and from Salisbury centre in the ev..Answered on 14 January 2023
- Hello. Can you tell me how far away are you from Sailsbury hospital, walking distance or short taxi ride?Hello. We are located 1.2miles from Salisbury District Hospital, you can walk or arrange a taxi which ever suits individual needs better.Answered on 5 October 2022
- hi, does your family rooms include a fridge? thank youGood evening, Unfortunately our rooms do not have a fridge, however we can store fridge items in our kitchen fridge for you. Kind Regards. Chantelle ReceptionAnswered on 25 September 2022
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Socket near the bed
- Flat-screen TV
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Riverside accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Pets are welcome to the property for an additional GBP 15 per night.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
FAQs about The Riverside
The Riverside is 1 miles from the center of Salisbury.
Yes, The Riverside is popular with guests booking family stays.
Room options at The Riverside include:
The Riverside offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
The prices at The Riverside may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at The Riverside can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Check-in at The Riverside is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.