Guesthouse Grassington House
5 The Square, Grassington, Grassington, BD23 5AQ, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 252 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Susan & John Rudden
Located in the “Heart of the Yorkshire Dales” village of Grassington, Grassington House Hotel is a 5 star gold, 2 AA rosette restaurant with rooms, offering a taste experience in our à la carte restaurant, Sunday Lunch or a bar snack in our bar or terrace overlooking the village square. Built in 1750, this imposing Georgian house offers affordable luxury. All the individually designed nine bedrooms include a flat-screen TV, hairdryer, waffle bathrobes, free trade tea & coffee making facilities, homemade brownies & fresh milk. Our beautifully styled en suite bathrooms, some with roll top baths have complimentary Sedbergh Soap Co toiletries. Free Wi-Fi is included in your stay. Our guests can enjoy an award-winning menu choice by our chef John Rudden & his team who offer British classic cuisine prepared using locally sourced produce. There is a wide selection of fish & vegetarian options available each day. Enjoy carefully selected wines from our extensive wine list or real, local brewed ales from our bar along with morning coffee or cocktails. Grassington House is within 200 yds of the Dales Way long-distance footpath & local, scenic walks can be enjoyed in the surrounding area.
Since taking on Grassington House Hotel in August 2008, Susan & John Rudden & their team have achieved a host of tourism accolades, including 2 AA rosettes every year since 2009 as well as gaining a loyal following of customers who appreciate the luxurious hotel décor, constant impressive cuisine & attention to detail.
Grassington is a beautiful traditional Yorkshire Dales village, the house overlooks the cobbled square, which is a great centre for independent & quirky shopping. Ideal for cycling the route of the Tour De France or Tour De Yorkshire, walking The Dales Way or a local, scenic walk along the River Wharfe or general relaxing in the stunning Yorkshire Dales countryside. We are situated just a 15 minute drive from the "Gateway to The Dales" market town of Skipton, with it's street markets, historic Skipton Castle, Leeds Liverpool canal. The spa town of Harrogate is a 45 minute drive away with it's beautiful Stray parkland, famous Betty's tearoom, RHS Harlow Carr Gardens & shops.
Languages spoken: English
Area Info– Excellent location – show map
What's nearby *
Skipton Castle7.5 miles
Bolton Abbey Estate7.6 miles
Silsden Golf Club11.6 miles
Restaurants & Markets *
Skipton Market9 miles
Spar Supermarket0 miles
Natural Beauty *
River Wharfe River1 miles
Closest Airports *
Leeds Bradford International Airport19.6 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport38 miles
Manchester Airport50.4 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Most popular amenities
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
Pets are not allowed.
- Horseback riding Additional charge
- Cycling Off-site
- Hiking Off-site Additional charge
- Fishing Off-site Additional charge
- Golf course (within 2 miles) Additional charge
Media & Technology
- Flat-screen TV
Food & Drink
- Chocolate/Cookies Additional charge
- Fruit Additional charge
- Bottle of water
- Wine/Champagne Additional charge
- Kids' meals Additional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible parking
- Secure parking
Front Desk Services
- Private check-in/out
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing service Additional charge
- Laundry Additional charge
- Fax/Photocopying Additional charge
Safety & security
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Packed lunches
- Honeymoon suite
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Newspapers Additional charge
- Room service
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
- Face masks for guests available
- Access to healthcare professionals
- First aid kits available
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and common areas
- Shared stationery (e.g. printed menus, magazines, pens, paper) removed
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Screens or physical barriers between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Cashless payment available
Cleanliness & disinfection
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Property cleaned by professional cleaning companies
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Guest accommodation disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels, and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
- Hand sanitizer
Food & drink safety
- Delivered food covered securely
- All plates, cutlery, glasses, and other tableware sanitized
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Physical distancing in dining areas
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:30 PM - 6:00 PM
8:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Grassington House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please inform Grassington House of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.