Grays Court Hotel
Grays Court, York, YO1 7JH, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 10.0/10! (score from 135 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of York
With views across York’s medieval walls, Grays Court Hotel is a beautiful historic house with leafy gardens, an intimate restaurant and free Wi-Fi. The grand house is located beside York Minster, and was once home to King James I.
The stylish bedrooms feature fine linens and antique furniture. Rooms also have flat-screen satellite TV, and all offer scenic views of the gardens or York Minster.
The Bow Room Restaurant serves a 6-course tasting menu from Tuesday to Saturday and has been awarded 2 AA rosettes and a place in the Michelin guide 2021. During the day the property serve drinks from the bar. . A full cooked to order breakfast is served each morning.
Guests can relax in the pretty gardens, or in the Bow Room with its impressive art collection. The Jacobean Long Gallery with oak paneling, sofas and original paintings is a delightful place to unwind.
This country house is steeped in history, and set within the York walls. Grays Court Hotel Hotel is a 5-minute walk from the picturesque Shambles shopping streets. The Theater Royal and York Museum and Gardens are within a 10-minute stroll.
This is our guests' favorite part of York, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 10.0 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is your parking near to the hotel as we have a blue badge.Thank you for your enquiry. Our car park is located in our courtyard, directly in front of our hotel entrance, so it is very close by. Parking is for ..Answered on 21 October 2019
- What time is check out?Thank you for your enquiry. Checkout is at 11am.Answered on 8 February 2020
- can we purchase gift vouchers for a present for two for a later date?Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we do not offer gift vouchers at this time and apologise for any inconvenience. When a booking is made, we a..Answered on 3 December 2020
- Do you have a lovely twin room pleaseWe have one twin room in our hotel called the Aske room. Its en-suite has a walk-shower and has a view which is west-facing, towards the city walls.Answered on 11 October 2020
- Do you have ground floor rooms for disabled guests?Our most accessible room is located on the first floor, only accessed by stairs. Due to our Gade I listed status we are not permitted to have a lift a..Answered on 11 October 2020
- Still looking?
The Bow Room Restaurant
Food: British, Local
Open for: Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Guest bathroom
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- City view
- Landmark view
- Garden view
- Outdoor furniture
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Dining area
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Business centerAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Room service
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Laptop safe
- Soundproof rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Grays Court Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Extra beds can only be accommodated in the Honeymoon Suite, Superior Double Room and Suite, and are suitable for children up to 13 years only.
Please note that there is no elevator at this property and may not be suitable for guests with mobility restrictions.
The restaurant also offers a Braille menu for blind guests.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), make sure you're booking this property in accordance with the destination's local government guidelines, including (but not limited to) the purpose of travel and maximum group size.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
FAQs about Grays Court Hotel
Grays Court Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
Check-in at Grays Court Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Grays Court Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- The Bow Room Restaurant
Guests staying at Grays Court Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Room options at Grays Court Hotel include:
The prices at Grays Court Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Grays Court Hotel is 1,800 feet from the center of York.