6 - 10 Shire Oak Road, Leeds, LS6 2DE, United Kingdom –
Haley’s Hotel began life as a pair of handsome semi-detached villas, called ‘Ballamona’ (on the right as you face the front) and ‘Ravenstone’ (on the left). They were built in 1887, in grand neo-Tudor style with turrets and half-timbering and a central door to the frontage, giving the effect of one imposing house. They were designed as gentlemen’s residences by the distinguished Leeds architect George Corson, who was involved in developing the newly created Shire Oak Road in the 1880s. George Corson was Leeds’ premier architect, responsible for the Central Library building (‘the municipal palace’ as it was called), with its spectacular Tiled Hall, the magnificent Grand Theatre, and numerous distinguished houses, offices, and commercial buildings around Leeds. These houses remained in his ownership until the early 1900s, and were home to a series of high-status tenants, mostly wealthy Leeds businessmen, and for a time George Corson lived there himself. They continued as separate residences until the 1950s when the two houses were combined into one and converted into a hotel, initially known as the Hartrigg Hotel. In 1990 the name was changed to Haley’s.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Headingley Stadium 0.4 miles
- Institute for Transport Studies 1 miles
- Brotherton Library 1.2 miles
- University of Leeds 1.2 miles
- Leeds University Library 1.3 miles
- Leeds Beckett University 1.6 miles
- Leeds General Infirmary 1.6 miles
- 02 Academy 1.6 miles
- Kirkstall Abbey 1.6 miles
- Millennium Square 1.6 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Leeds Town Hall 1.7 miles
- Leeds Arena 1.7 miles
- Trinity Leeds 2 miles
- Leeds City Railway Station 2.1 miles
- Roundhay Park 2.3 miles
- White Rose Shopping Centre 4.4 miles
- Middleton Park 4.9 miles
- Bramham Park 9.7 miles
- Belle Vue 11.1 miles
- Royal Hall Theatre 12.2 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- The Box Bar Cafe/Bar 0.3 miles
- Sainsbury\'s Supermarket 0.4 miles
- Leeds Bradford Airport 4.9 miles
- Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield 33.2 miles
- Manchester Airport 42.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Dinner
5 Reasons to Choose Haley's Hotel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Furniture
- Emergency Cord in Bathroom
- Lower Sink
- Toilet With Grab Rails
- Wheelchair Accessible
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Daily Housekeeping
- Suit Press
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Honeymoon Suite
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Room Service
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
All children under 12 years are charged GBP 15 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 2.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Haley's Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.