Howe of Torbeg provides glamping accommodation near Ballater, within the Cairngorms National Park.
Guests can use the property's Kadai fire bowls for BBQs and evenings around the fire. Logs are available to purchase on-site.
Skiing can be enjoyed within close proximity of the campsite.
Balmoral Castle is 5.6 miles from Howe of Torbeg. The nearest airport is Aberdeen Airport, 35.4 miles from the property.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- Do you take dogsNo, we don't take dogsAnswered on 9 July 2020
- We have a camping gas ring can we use it outsideYes no problem, you can use it either on the wooden deck outside your Pod or on the picnic table.Answered on 20 June 2022
- do you have electricity in the pods/Hi there yes the Pods have electric light and heating. The Shepherd's Hut is off-grid with excellent solar lighting & a wood burning Hobbit stove for heating.Answered on 18 September 2020
- Are small well behaved dods allowed?Hi unfortunately we can't accommodate pets, thanksAnswered on 1 May 2022
- Can you add a camp bed for a child in the pods?Hi, only in the Luxe Pod, where we can add a bed for 1 child aged up to 10. The Standard Pods sleep 2 guests only. ThanksAnswered on 4 April 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 23:00
Until 10:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 15 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Payments by Booking.com
Booking.com takes your payment on behalf of the property for this stay, but make sure you have cash for any extras once you get there.
Guests must be quiet between 11:00 and 07:00.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Please inform Howe of Torbeg in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about Howe of Torbeg
Check-in at Howe of Torbeg is from 15:00, and check-out is until 10:00.
Howe of Torbeg offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Walking tours
Howe of Torbeg is 3.7 miles from the centre of Ballater.
Yes, Howe of Torbeg is popular with guests booking family stays.
The prices at Howe of Torbeg may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.