65 Church Street, Tewkesbury, GL20 5RZ, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.6/10! (score from 270 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Superior King Room
Family Room (4 Adults)
Jessop House is the oldest house in Tewkesbury with parts dating back to 1186. It is one of four houses constructed when the world famous Tewkesbury Abbey was built. It is Dr Jessops house in the book John Halifax Gentlemen by Dinah Craik. Upon entering through the front door you are stepping back in time onto an original cotswold stone floor, worn in parts where the butler stood to allow the gentry to enter the house, a magnificent Georgian staircase leads to four spacious light bedrooms, one being the original Georgian sitting room with its elegant fireplace and beautiful plaster-work adorning the ceiling. Many of the original features of the house have been retained including glorious fireplaces, one being an original delpt fireplace with hand painted tiles dating back three hundred years. To the rear of Jessop House the medieval staircase leads to four well appointed bedrooms. Notice the priest holes in the wall leading to the first floor landing. The front cellar of Jessop House has a connecting tunnel to the Abbey, through which the Monks could escape to the river in times of danger.
Jessop House takes special requests - add in the next step!
Property surroundings – Great location - show map
- Strensham Services M5 5.1 miles
- Cheltenham Town Hall 7.4 miles
- University of Gloucestershire 7.8 miles
- Cheltenham General Hospital 7.8 miles
- Winfield Hospital 8.4 miles
- Kingsholm Stadium 8.9 miles
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital 9.2 miles
- Sudeley Castle 9.3 miles
- Gloucester Cathedral 9.4 miles
- Eastnor Castle 10 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Malvern Theatres 10.9 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Salerno Restaurant 0 miles
- The Abbey Tea Rooms Cafe/bar 0.1 miles
- The Abbots Table Restaurant 0.1 miles
- The Bay Tree Cafe/bar 0.1 miles
- My Great Grandfathers Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Cafe Vino Cafe/bar 0.1 miles
- Farmers Market Market 0.1 miles
- One Stop Supermarket 0.2 miles
- Tesco Supermarket 0.3 miles
- Tewkesbury Market Market 0.3 miles
- Morrisons Supermarket 1 miles
- Avon River 0.1 miles
- Severn River 0.2 miles
- Cotswolds Hills Mountain 2 miles
- Malvern Hills Mountain 4 miles
- Birmingham Airport 36.7 miles
- Bristol Airport 47.9 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose Jessop House
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
- Sun terrace
Pets are not allowed.
- Cycling Off-site
- Hiking Off-site
- Golf course (within 3 km)
Food & Drink
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily maid service
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Private check-in/check-out
- Packed lunches
- Ironing service (Additional charge)
- Dry cleaning (Additional charge)
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
16:00 - 20:00 hours
00:00 - 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 16 years is charged GBP 35 per night when using existing beds.
All children under 16 years are charged GBP 35 per night for extra beds.
All further older children or adults are charged GBP 40 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Disabled guests can reserve a parking space by contacting Jessop House before arrival. Limited parking is available at the rear of the hotel, with access via St Mary's Lane. Free overnight parking is also available at St Mary's Lane Public Car Park, with charges applicable from 08:00 - 17:30.
Please note that only children aged 6 years or over can be accommodated.