65 Church Street, Tewkesbury, GL20 5RZ, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 271 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Jessop House.
|Superior King Room|
|Family Room (4 Adults)|
Jessop House is the oldest house in Tewkesbury with parts dating back to 1186. It is one of four houses constructed when the world famous Tewkesbury Abbey was built. It is Dr Jessops house in the book John Halifax Gentlemen by Dinah Craik. Upon entering through the front door you are stepping back in time onto an original cotswold stone floor, worn in parts where the butler stood to allow the gentry to enter the house, a magnificent Georgian staircase leads to four spacious light bedrooms, one being the original Georgian sitting room with its elegant fireplace and beautiful plaster-work adorning the ceiling. Many of the original features of the house have been retained including glorious fireplaces, one being an original delpt fireplace with hand painted tiles dating back three hundred years. To the rear of Jessop House the medieval staircase leads to four well appointed bedrooms. Notice the priest holes in the wall leading to the first floor landing. The front cellar of Jessop House has a connecting tunnel to the Abbey, through which the Monks could escape to the river in times of danger.
Jessop House takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Strensham Services M5 5.1 miles
- Cheltenham Town Hall 7.4 miles
- University of Gloucestershire 7.8 miles
- Cheltenham General Hospital 7.8 miles
- Winfield Hospital 8.4 miles
- Kingsholm Stadium 8.9 miles
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital 9.2 miles
- Sudeley Castle 9.3 miles
- Eastnor Castle 10 miles
- Malvern Theatres 10.9 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Morrisons Supermarket 1 miles
- Salerno Restaurant 0 miles
- The Abbey Tea Rooms Cafe/bar 0.1 miles
- The Abbots Table Restaurant 0.1 miles
- The Bay Tree Cafe/bar 0.1 miles
- My Great Grandfathers Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Cafe Vino Cafe/bar 0.1 miles
- Farmers Market Market 0.1 miles
- One Stop Supermarket 0.2 miles
- Tesco Supermarket 0.3 miles
- Tewkesbury Market Market 0.3 miles
- Cotswolds Hills Mountain 2 miles
- Malvern Hills Mountain 4 miles
- Avon River 0.1 miles
- Severn River 0.2 miles
- Birmingham Airport 36.7 miles
- Bristol Airport 47.9 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Jessop House
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
- Sun Deck
Pets are not allowed.
- Cycling Off-site
- Hiking Off-site
- Golf Course (within 2 miles)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily Housekeeping
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Packed Lunches
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
12:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 16 years is charged GBP 35 per night when using existing beds.
All children under 16 years are charged GBP 35 per night for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged GBP 40 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Disabled guests can reserve a parking space by contacting Jessop House before arrival. Limited parking is available at the rear of the hotel, with access via St Mary's Lane. Free overnight parking is also available at St Mary's Lane Public Car Park, with charges applicable from 08:00 - 17:30.
Please note that only children aged 6 years or over can be accommodated.
100% Verified Reviews
Real guests. Real stays. Real opinions.
Based on 271 reviews
Good: 7 – 9
Okay: 5 – 7
Poor: 3 – 5
Very Poor: 1 – 3
Value for money
Show reviews from: