Lorne House Bed & Breakfast
London Road, Box, SN13 8NA, United Kingdom –
Standard Double Room One
Superior Double Room
Standard Double or Twin Room
Standard Double Room
Superior Double or Twin Room
Superior Triple Room
Superior Family Room
Lorne House was built in 1876 is the childhood home of the Rev W Awdry, creator of the Thomas The Tank Engine stories. He later acknowledged that it was living at Journey’s End, lying in bed listening to the steam trains climbing Box Hill, that provided the inspiration for his classic tales. The house is a large Victorian villa which has been beautifully restored to offer every modern comfort. Box is on the edge of the Cotswolds and is just 6 miles (10 km) from the historic city of Bath.
Area Info –
- Little Solsbury Hill 3.6 miles
- University of Bath 4.5 miles
- Bath Golf Club 4.7 miles
- Holburne Museum of Art 4.9 miles
- Sydney Gardens 4.9 miles
- Henrietta Park 5 miles
- Bath At Work Museum 5.2 miles
- Pulteney Bridge 5.2 miles
- Museum Of Bath At Work 5.3 miles
- Beckford's Tower and Museum 5.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Bath Abbey 5.3 miles
- The Roman Baths 5.4 miles
- Bath Spa Train Station 5.4 miles
- The Circus Bath 5.5 miles
- Royal Crescent 5.5 miles
- Lacock Abbey 5.6 miles
- Oldfield Park Train Station 6.2 miles
- Bristol Parkway Station 14.3 miles
- Bristol Temple Meads 14.4 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Co-op Supermarket 0.2 miles
- The Queens Head Restaurant 0.2 miles
- The Quarryman's Arms Restaurant 0.8 miles
- The Northey Arms Restaurant 0.9 miles
- Bristol Airport 20 miles
- Cardiff Airport 47.1 miles
- Bournemouth Airport 47.4 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Lorne House Bed & Breakfast
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
Pets are not allowed.
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily Housekeeping
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
4:30 PM - 7:30 PM
7:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children or adults are charged GBP 35 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/cribs in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Guests are requested to contact the property directly to confirm bed configuration and number of guests.
Please inform Lorne House Bed & Breakfast of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details provided in your confirmation.