In Wick, in the beautiful area of Caithness in the Northern Highlands, Mackays offers award-winning service and fine food in No1 Bistro, as well as free Wi-Fi and parking.
Built in 1883, Hotel is regularly updated, combining attractive period features with simple, stylish touches for a relaxed atmosphere. Rooms have a wide-screen TV, free Wi-Fi and a guide to the local area.
No1 Bistro serves local produce and fish from the boats of nearby Scrabster. In the friendly bar, whiskey and wines are a specialty.
The Orkney Islands are a ferry ride away, and you can visit The Castle of Mey, which was home to the Queen Mother for many years.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.6 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
- is there a lift or ground floor accommodationWe do not have any ground floor accommodation in the hotel - but have a lift that services all three floors. We also have ground floor accommodation ..Answered on January 6, 2020
- Is off road parking available, please?hi, We have on street parking. We are located on a one way street with no restrictions so parking available on either side of street. The street is f..Answered on August 29, 2020
- Is there a cot provided?Hi, if one is requested we have travel cots that can be set up in most rooms. Thanks JenAnswered on August 27, 2019
- Do you have storage for cycle bikesWe do have a safe space. If you can let us know when booking if you are bring bikes we can make sure that you have a smooth check in.Answered on May 24, 2022
- Are there bed settees in the classic doubles?Hello, there are no bed settees in the classic doubles. Regards HelenAnswered on February 19, 2020
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 6:30 PM
7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Mackays Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Mackays Hotel
Check-in at Mackays Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Mackays Hotel is 1,500 feet from the center of Wick.
The prices at Mackays Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Mackays Hotel by:
- Taxi 5min
Guests staying at Mackays Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Mackays Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
Mackays Hotel has 1 restaurant:
Room options at Mackays Hotel include: