The Mad Hatter Hotel
3-7 Stamford St., Southwark, London, SE1 9NY, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map – Metro access
Excellent location — rated 9.4/10! (score from 2005 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of London – Excellent location - show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Mad Hatter Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
On the South Bank, just 150 yards from the River Thames, this beautiful 19th-century building offers rooms with free Wi-Fi and a charming bar offering tasty food and real ales.
The Mad Hatter Hotel is located in Southwark, one of the oldest parts of London. The building was once a hat factory and the beautiful original exterior now houses comfortable and modern rooms.
Rooms feature a radio, iron and a private bathroom with hairdryer.
The friendly bar and restaurant offers a range of authentic home-cooked pub dishes. The menu includes English classics and speciality pies.
The Tate Modern art gallery is 400 yards away. London Waterloo Railway and Tube Station is a 5-minute walk and provides easy access to all of London’s attractions. Covent Garden and the London Eye are both less than 1 miles away.
This is our guests' favourite part of London, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
- Can you open bedroom windows?Yes all our 30 bedrooms have opening windowsAnswered on 27 May 2022
- Hi, is there a luggage storage room available?Dear future guest, I hope that you find well this message, Of course we have in our reception space for leave the luggage from our guest. We keep it ..Answered on 29 November 2019
- Please could you tell me if the breakfast is continental or full English?The complimentary breakfast included in the rate is a cooked breakfast of your choice from the breakfast menu, which does include the Fuller's Full En..Answered on 27 August 2021
- Can we book smoking rooms?All our bedrooms and public areas of the hotel are Non smoking, there is a designated smoking area in front of the hotelAnswered on 13 May 2021
- Hi do u provide gluten free options as my daughter is Celiac thxYes we have some plant based options alsoAnswered on 11 February 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, High tea
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Flat-screen TV
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Pet bowls
- Daily housekeeping
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in/check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service
- Invoice provided
- Board games/puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Safety deposit box
- Non-smoking throughout
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Emergency cord in bathroom
- Higher level toilet
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Entire unit wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 15:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Mad Hatter Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Non-refundable bookings are room only and breakfast is chargeable all the time.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
FAQs about The Mad Hatter Hotel
The Mad Hatter Hotel is 1 miles from the centre of London.
The prices at The Mad Hatter Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Check-in at The Mad Hatter Hotel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Room options at The Mad Hatter Hotel include:
Guests staying at The Mad Hatter Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The Mad Hatter Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
The Mad Hatter Hotel has 1 restaurant: