Mallyan Spout Hotel
The Common, Goathland, Goathland, YO22 5AN, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 521 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The Mallyan Spout is a 19th-century country house set within picturesque grounds with views out over the Esk valley. Just a short walk behind the hotel is Mallyan Spout waterfall.
All of the modern, spacious rooms at The Mallyan Spout are decorated with private bathrooms and views of the hotel grounds, the village church, or the Esk Valley. All rooms also feature flat-screen TVs, hairdryers, and tea and coffee-making facilities.
Dining at The Mallyan Spout is provided with fresh, locally-sourced produce and Whitby fish, served either in the dining room with its varied dining menu, or the more informal bar area. Three lounges with log fires are also available to relax in.
The hotel is located within the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors, with numerous opportunities for scenic walks in the surrounding countryside. The town of Whitby and the 7th-century Whitby Abbey is 20 minutes’ drive, and highway A156 is only 5 minutes away by car.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- What size double bed do the standard rooms have please? I’m looking for a room with a king size bed or biggerThe sizes of the beds vary from room to room, however if you phone the hotel, we can help find a room that is best suited to you.Answered on 25 February 2020
- Are dogs allowed in the bar area if we wanted Sunday lunch ?!We allow dogs in our public bar. I would recommend booking.Answered on 9 March 2020
- Is there a baryes there is a barAnswered on 8 June 2022
- Are there any ground floor rooms , if not how many steps to first floor.?Hi, unfortunately we do not have any ground floor rooms so stairs to all floors, very sorryAnswered on 19 February 2022
- Looking to book overnight stay with meal. Preferably a Saturday night for a wedding gift. Is it possible to do this. Any advice would be a great help..of course, book through this site or www.mallyanspout.co.ukAnswered on 19 April 2021
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Street parking
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Baggage storage
- Wake-up service
- Packed lunches
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Board games/Puzzles
- Smoke-free property
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
2:00 PM - 11:00 PM
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Mallyan Spout Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Restaurant is closed from Thu, Dec 31, 2020 until Mon, Feb 01, 2021
Bar is closed from Thu, Dec 31, 2020 until Mon, Feb 01, 2021
FAQs about Mallyan Spout Hotel
Mallyan Spout Hotel is 2,450 feet from the center of Goathland.
Mallyan Spout Hotel has 1 restaurant:
Check-in at Mallyan Spout Hotel is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at Mallyan Spout Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Mallyan Spout Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Room options at Mallyan Spout Hotel include:
Guests staying at Mallyan Spout Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte