Guest house Malt Lodge
1 Malthouse Hill, Hythe, CT21 5BW, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 174 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Owner gets a few days out?
Residence is part of the Old Post Office building with side entrance on Malthouse Hill Hythe.
BII (British Institute of Inn Keeping) member. Local business man and a member of the HBTA (formerly Chamber of Comerce). Local run indepdemt family business.
A short drive (10 minutes) to the Channel Tunnel Train Terminal.
Languages spoken: English
Property surroundings– Excellent location - show map
What's nearby *
Folkestone Rugby Club1.6 miles
Stop24 Services Folkestone M202.3 miles
Eurotunnel UK2.4 miles
Lympne Castle2.5 miles
Westenhanger Castle2.7 miles
Port Lympne Wild Animal Park2.8 miles
Folkestone Central Railway Station3.9 miles
Royal Victoria Hospital4.1 miles
Folkestone Harbour4.5 miles
Ashford Eurostar International10.2 miles
Restaurants and markets *
Malthouse Arcade Market0 miles
Thailand Tom Dinner discount Restaurant0.1 miles
Sunshine T/A breakfast snack Restaurant0.1 miles
Sainsbury Supermarket0.2 miles
Aldi Supermarket0.2 miles
Farmers Market Market0.2 miles
Truly Scrumptious food discount Restaurant0.2 miles
Truly Scrumptious food discount. Cafe/bar0.2 miles
Hythe Railway Station RHDR Cafe/bar0.2 miles
Waitrose Supermarket0.3 miles
Boot fares X 8 Cricket Club & The Green Market0.6 miles
Natural beauty *
Royal Military Canal River0.1 miles
RHDR Miniature Railway by the Canal River0.3 miles
Miniature Railway to Dungerness Beach Sea/ocean0.3 miles
Seafront Hythe to Folkestone Sea/ocean1 miles
RHDR miniature railway to Dungerness Mountain0.6 miles
Mini Lake & Safare Park at Lympne Lake2.5 miles
Channel Tunnel Downs View Mountain2.5 miles
Channel Tunnel to France Sea/ocean3.1 miles
White Cliffs Dover Mountain3.7 miles
Beaches in the neighbourhood
Hythe Beach Pebbles750 yardsSwimming, Food and drink
Closest airports *
London Southend Airport38 miles
Le Touquet Airport45.2 miles
London City Airport53.8 miles
Most popular landmarks *
Dover Priory Station10.5 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
3 reasons to choose Malt Lodge
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Toilet paper
- Additional bathroom
- Additional toilet
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Drying rack for clothing
- Clothes rack
Pets are not allowed.
- Bike tours Additional charge
- Walking tours Additional charge
- Water park
- Bikes available (free)
- Squash Additional charge
- Cycling Off-site
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Golf course (within 3 km) Additional charge
- Tennis court Additional charge
- Seating Area
Media & Technology
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
Food & Drink
- Chocolate or cookies
- Bottle of water
- Tea/Coffee maker
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not possible).
- Accessible parking
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Street parking
- Luggage storage
- Fax/photocopying Additional charge
- Express check-in/check-out
- Ironing service Additional charge
- Dry cleaning Additional charge
- Laundry Additional charge
Safety & security
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
- Thermometers for guests provided by property
- First aid kit available
- Process in place to check health of guests
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Screens or physical barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- Mobile app for room service
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Cashless payment available
- Contactless check-in/check-out
Cleanliness & disinfecting
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
Food & drink safety
- Delivered food is securely covered
- Breakfast takeaway containers
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
15:00 - 19:00
06:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
There is no capacity for cots at this property.
There is no capacity for extra beds at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Malt Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Guests must be quiet between 21:00 and 06:00.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service operating hours.
Please inform Malt Lodge in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.