Merritt House B&B
7 Queens Road, Paignton, TQ4 6AT, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.7/10! (score from 168 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Merritt House B&B offers quiet, friendly accommodation, close to Paignton sea front, harbour and town centre. Our aim is to offer you a rather special stay in comfortable surroundings with delicious breakfasts. Merritt House is less than five minutes’ level walk to the bus, mainline and steam railway stations in a quiet street off the main roads, and is on the South West Coast Path. Walkers, cyclists, diving and sailing enthusiasts are welcome to take advantage of our drying room for boots and other wet gear. Enjoy a good night’s sleep in one of our seven comfortable bedrooms, all of which have en-suite shower facilities, TV/DVD, complementary toiletries, fluffy towels, well stocked hospitality tray, alarm clock, fan, ironing facilities in every bedroom, free WiFi, blackout curtains and more. Our breakfasts are highly recommended; made with local produce, we have achieved an AA Breakfast Award. Gluten free and lactose free options on request. Homemade cake is also available each afternoon, at no extra cost. Merritt House is a great base for enjoying the best of Paignton, Torquay, Brixham, Dartmoor National Park and south west coastal path. Devon, South West England.
Property surroundings –
- Paignton Beach 0.2 miles
- Quaywest Waterpark 0.9 miles
- Torre Abbey 2.3 miles
- Meadfoot Beach 2.8 miles
- HM Revenue & Customs 2.8 miles
- Torquay Magistrates Court 2.8 miles
- Torquay Library 2.9 miles
- Mount Stuart Hospital 3 miles
- Brixham Harbour 3.4 miles
- Torbay Hospital 3.4 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Berry Head 4 miles
- Watermans Arms 5.7 miles
- Greenway 5.7 miles
- Dartmouth Castle 6.3 miles
- Newton Abbot Racecourse 7.5 miles
- Blackpool Sands 8.1 miles
- Slapton Sands 10 miles
- Sandy Park Rugby Stadium 19.6 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Italian; steakhouse; Wetherspoons Restaurant 0.3 miles
- Wide selection locally Cafe/bar 0.3 miles
- Tesco, Co-operative, Lidl Supermarket 0.6 miles
- Preston Sands Sea/ocean 0.6 miles
- River Dart River 8 miles
- Exeter International Airport 21.8 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 reasons to choose Merritt House B&B
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Paignton
Most popular facilities
Pets are not allowed.
- Water park (Additional charge)
- Mini golf (Additional charge)
- Snorkelling (Additional charge)
- Diving (Additional charge)
- Canoeing (Additional charge)
- Windsurfing (Additional charge)
- Fishing (Additional charge)
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily maid service
- Adult only
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
15:30 - 18:00
08:00 - 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
Children older than 12 years are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Guests can eat takeaways in the dining room but it is not permitted to eat takeaways in bedrooms.
Please note that parking spaces are limited and subject to availability.
Please inform Merritt House B&B in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.