Old Hall Hotel
The Square, Buxton, SK17 6BD, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 1410 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
In the centre of picturesque Buxton, in the heart of the beautiful Peak District, the Old Hall Hotel features a traditional restaurant, free Wi-Fi and spacious rooms with period features.
With individual character and elegant decor, the rooms at Old Hall each have tea/coffee facilities and a TV with satellite channels. All rooms have a private bathroom with free toiletries, and some have cosy seating areas.
The popular wine bar offers a range of beverages and snacks, and full English, award-winning breakfasts are served daily.
This Historic building dates back to 1576 when Mary Queen of Scots stayed at the hotel and sampled the healing properties of Buxton’s famous spa water.
This is our guests' favourite part of Buxton, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- Is there any parking st the hotelWe do not have our own private parking, however, there is a pay and display outside the front of the hotel if you get a space and then come to recepti..Answered on 11 January 2020
- What are the parking facilities?We do not have our own private parking, however, there is a pay and display outside the front of the hotel if you get a space and then come to recepti..Answered on 11 January 2020
- Does the hotel have parkingWe do not have our own private parking, however, there is pay and display bays outside the front of the hotel if you get a space and then come to rece..Answered on 4 April 2022
- Is it wheelchair accessibleYes we are a wheelchair friendly hotel. we have rooms with walk in showers which are close to the liftAnswered on 19 May 2022
- DO YOU HAVE ROOMS WITH A WALK IN SHOWER AND NOT MANY STAIRS TO THE ROOMHello. Some of our rooms have a walk in shower please let us know upon booking and we can advise if we have availability in these rooms. Our bedrooms ..Answered on 16 September 2021
- Still looking?
Old Hall Restaurant
Old Hall Wine Bar
Most popular facilities
From 15:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 13 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
Old Hall Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that no extra bed can be accommodated in the standard double rooms.
Dogs are only allowed in the Classic rooms, subject to availability. When travelling with pets, please note that an extra charge of GBP 20 per night applies.
FAQs about Old Hall Hotel
Old Hall Hotel has 2 restaurants:
- Old Hall Restaurant
- Old Hall Wine Bar
Guests staying at Old Hall Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Old Hall Hotel is 450 yards from the centre of Buxton.
Old Hall Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
From the nearest airport, you can get to Old Hall Hotel by:
- Taxi 1h
- Bus 1h 30min
Room options at Old Hall Hotel include:
Check-in at Old Hall Hotel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The prices at Old Hall Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.