Parkgate Farm Irton, Holmrook, CA19 1YN, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.4/10! (score from 147 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
An oven and microwave are also available, as well as a kettle.
The holiday park offers a barbecue.
Guests at Parkgate Farm can enjoy fell walking and cycling nearby. There are paddocks available if guests would like to bring their horses.
Windermere and Ambleside are an hour's drive from the property. Manchester Airport is 118.7 miles away.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.Parkgate Farm has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 17 Jan 2019.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- We are looking for the 10-12 July for our 4 year olds birthday as his party is cancelled. Are you accepting bookings for those dates and what's your p..We are accepting bookings from 4th July which is the provisional date the government has set. If we are not able to open you will receive a refund.Answered on 12 June 2020
- 1. Would there be signal for our phones since we are with the mobile network Three ? 2. If we brought our own materials and food would we be able to ..I have searched for Three's coverage and am told online that there is 3G and phone line availability. EE is quite good with 4G. Our kitchens are fully..Answered on 15 June 2022
- Hi, Will you allow 2 very small sausage dogs and 1 very well behaved poodle please?Sorry I have only just seen this question. Normally we only allow 2 dogs but so long as none of them go on the furniture we would be happy to make an ..Answered on 2 September 2021
- Hiya am wondering if your accommodation has a fireworks free policy over 5th November? Thank you quiet breakWe don't have a fireworks free policy but we certainly won't be letting any fireworks off on 5th November ourselvesAnswered on 6 July 2021
- wi if available ?We are currently trying to get wifi in Harter Cottage but having some difficulty as the broadband line is so weak. Therefore my answer has to be no, b..Answered on 5 November 2019
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Mountain view
- Garden view
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor dining area
- Sun terrace
- BBQ facilities
- Children's high chair
- Dining table
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Washing machine
- Socket near the bed
- Drying rack for clothing
- Horse ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- DivingAdditional chargeOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Dining area
- Seating Area
- Flat-screen TV
- Street parking
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Non-smoking throughout
- Private entrance
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Entire unit located on ground floor
From 16:00 to 00:00
Available 24 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Payments by Booking.com
Booking.com takes your payment on behalf of the property for this stay, but make sure you have cash for any extras once you get there.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests must be quiet between 23:00 and 07:00.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
FAQs about Parkgate Farm
Parkgate Farm is 2.2 miles from the centre of Holmrook.
Yes, Parkgate Farm is popular with guests booking family stays.
Parkgate Farm offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Horse riding
The prices at Parkgate Farm may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Check-in at Parkgate Farm is from 16:00, and check-out is until 10:00.