Situated in the rolling hills surrounding Esthwaite Water, the village of Hawkshead is home to The Queen’s Head Inn. This 17th Century inn has been awarded an AA 4-star rating for its varied menu, serving the finest local ingredients in a traditional country pub setting.
Each bedroom has a modern tiled bathroom and a contemporary design, some feature original beamed ceilings and a four-poster bed. The hotel features free Wi-Fi and each bedroom has an LCD TV.
The Queen’s Head serves lunches and dinners ranging from fresh steamed mussels to Cumbrian rib-eye steak. An extensive wine list and local ales are available at the bar, as well as a selection of malt whiskies.
The village of Hawkshead is within a 10-minute drive of both Coniston Water and Windermere, and within 15 minutes by car, hikers can be at the feet of the renowned central Lakeland fells.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- can I book a table here in the restaurant?We book all visiting guests a table in the restaurant, each evening, for the duration of their stay. Kind regards David Assistant ManagerAnswered on 23 May 2021
- Hi, How far is the nearest available parking for your customers? Thanks in advanceHi there, The village car park is located a short walk ( less than 5 minutes ) from the hotelAnswered on 27 June 2020
- Do you take dogs?Hello We allow dogs in certain areas of the bar and we also have 2 dog friendly rooms. When booking either a table or a room it is best to call direct..Answered on 1 January 2020
- Good Evening Could I please ask what time you stop selling food? Do you sell any ciders in the bar? does the pub have a carpark. Hope to hear fr..Hi Dawn, thanks for your messsage. We are currently serving food each day 12-8pm. We have an English Apple cider and fruit ciders.Answered on 20 July 2020
- Hi. Do you have anywhere to store cycles at all?We can store cycles in our secure cellar. Kind regards DavidAnswered on 11 June 2021
- Still looking?
Queen's Head Restaurant
Cuisine: British, Local
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 18:00
08:30 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Queens Head Inn & Restaurant accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service operating hours.
Please inform Queens Head Inn & Restaurant in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Payment before arrival via bank transfer is required. The property will contact you after you book to provide instructions.
FAQs about Queens Head Inn & Restaurant
Check-in at Queens Head Inn & Restaurant is from 15:00, and check-out is until 10:30.
Room options at Queens Head Inn & Restaurant include:
Queens Head Inn & Restaurant has 1 restaurant:
- Queen's Head Restaurant
Queens Head Inn & Restaurant offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Tennis court
- Movie nights
- Temporary art galleries
- Live music/performance
- Stand-up comedy
- Horse riding
- Badminton equipment
- Live sport events (broadcast)
- Tennis equipment
- Cooking class
Guests staying at Queens Head Inn & Restaurant can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Queens Head Inn & Restaurant is 150 yards from the centre of Hawkshead.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Queens Head Inn & Restaurant by:
- Car 1h 30min
The prices at Queens Head Inn & Restaurant may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.