Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel
73 Granby St, Leicester, LE1 6ES, United Kingdom – Great location - show map
6 Reasons to Choose Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Leicester
This year (2015) we won Leicestershire Tourism's "Large Hotel of the Year" and now we are in the finals of Visit England. Noteworthy history: • Opened in 1898 • Built by Cecil Ogden in 1898 in a grand Franco-German Renaissance style reminiscent of the sixteenth century • Two years later a corner addition was added by Amos Hall. The design was influenced by the churches designed by Sir Christopher Wren. • During the early 1900s part of the Grand, on the first floor, was a cinema called ‘The Kings Hall Cinema’ • The hotel has always been considered one of Leicester's most prestigious. Its heyday was during Victorian times and now returns to these glory days following the recent refurbishments. • Winston Churchill stayed at the hotel in 1909 • The Leicester Caledonian Society’s 75th anniversary in 1952 centered on a splendid Burns dinner at the Grand Hotel, attended by the Lord Lieutenant of Leicestershire, the Lord Mayor of Leicester and Mr R K Sprigg, a grandson of founder member, John Morris Brown. • The hotel escaped bombing during World War II, many employers returned to work there after the war had ended.
Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Belgrave Road 0.1 miles
- Leicester Market 0.2 miles
- Leicester Railway Station 0.3 miles
- Upper Brown Street 0.3 miles
- Leicester Cathedral 0.3 miles
- The Shires Shopping Centre 0.3 miles
- Leicester Royal Infirmary 0.5 miles
- De Montfort University 0.5 miles
- Leicester Castle 0.5 miles
- Statue of Richard III 0.5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Welford Road Stadium 0.6 miles
- University of Leicester 0.9 miles
- Abbey Park 0.9 miles
- King Power Stadium 1 miles
- National Space Centre 1.5 miles
- Leicester General Hospital 2.1 miles
- Glenfield Hospital 2.6 miles
- Leicester Forest East Services M1 3.4 miles
- Kirby Muxloe Castle 4.1 miles
- Leicester Markfield Services M1 8.2 miles
- River Soer River 2 miles
- East Midlands Airport 16 miles
- Birmingham Airport 28.2 miles
- Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield 58.4 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Marco's New York Italian
Open for: Lunch, Dinner
Pool and Spa
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 8 per day.
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Room Service
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/cribs in a room is 1.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 7 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Minors under 18 must be accompanied by parents or legal representatives. Third person named by parents must present their written authorization (certified signature).
Please note that the property is often host to wedding receptions with nightly entertainment. It is possible that some noise disturbance may be experienced by guests.
Please note that the same payment card used to make the booking must be presented upon check-in at the hotel.
Temporary roadworks are causing a disturbance to our normal entrance to the car park, kindly note that there is a diversion in place.