The Richmond Hill Hotel
144-150 Richmond Hill, Richmond Town, Richmond upon Thames, TW10 6RW, United Kingdom –
The land surrounding the Richmond Hill was part of ‘the great common of Richmond’ until 1621 when it was sold off privately and a windmill was erected on the site. The original Georgian house, which now incorporates the restaurant, was built in 1726 and one of the earlier residents was the Countess of Mansfield. In the late 1880’s two wings were added to the house and they now incorporate the Pembrokes bar and Queens room. Around 200 years ago (early 1800’s) the three houses at the far end of the site were built and they incorporate the now reception room. One of the many residents who lived here was Lord Onslow in the mid 19th Century. The original house became the Queens Hotel in 1874 and was owned by Sir H Bownrigg. It first became the Richmond Hill Hotel in 1913 and following the Second World War the Grand Ballroom was built to link the two buildings. In 1939 the hotel was requisitioned by the army and two of the regiments housed here were the East Surrey’s and the Phantoms. David Niven was attached to the latter and spent many months here. The hotel has become well known internationally and has been the host to Royalty, Senior Politicians and stars of stage and screen.
Area Info –
- Richmond University - The American University in London 0.1 miles
- Pembroke Lodge, Richmond Park 0.7 miles
- Richmond Station 0.8 miles
- Richmond metro station 0.8 miles
- Richmond Park 1 miles
- Twickenham Library 1.3 miles
- White Lodge 1.5 miles
- Mortlake 1.7 miles
- Kew Gardens 1.8 miles
- Twickenham Stadium 1.9 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Boston Manor 3.3 miles
- Hyde Park 6.8 miles
- Wembley Stadium 7.2 miles
- Buckingham Palace 7.5 miles
- Piccadilly Circus 8.1 miles
- Houses of Parliament 8.1 miles
- Big Ben 8.2 miles
- Trafalgar Square 8.3 miles
- London Eye 8.5 miles
- Tower of London 10.2 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Gaucho Restaurant Restaurant 0.5 miles
- London Heathrow Airport 6.8 miles
- London City Airport 15.4 miles
- London Gatwick Airport 21.3 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, High tea, Cocktail hour
5 Reasons to Choose The Richmond Hill Hotel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
Pool and Spa
- Indoor Pool (all year)
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Massage (additional charge)
- Spa (additional charge)
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Kids' Meals
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 8 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Honeymoon Suite
- VIP Room Facilities
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 3:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 12 years is charged GBP 20 per night when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 10 per night in a crib.
All children under 6 years are charged GBP 20 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Richmond Hill Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
- Monday to Thursday 10:00-12:00 and 15:30-17:30
- Friday 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-17:30
- Saturday: 14:00 to 18:00
- Sunday: 10.00 to 14:00
Cots can be provided if requested before arrival.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
This property might host on-site functions, so noise may be audible in some rooms.