Rivendell Guest House is a Victorian townhouse, built in 1894, offering a drying room and bike storage. It is located 1,150 feet from Keswick town center and Fitz Park, within the Lake District National Park.
The rooms feature free WiFi, a flat-screen TV, a kettle and a complementary hospitality tray. A hairdryer and free toiletries are provided.
A cooked breakfast is served with locally-sourced ingredients. A vegetarian option is available, and a variety of cereal, fruit, yogurt and juice are offered.
The area is popular for hiking, cycling, climbing and swimming. There is a selection of cafes, restaurants and pubs within a 5 minute walk from the property. Theater by the Lake is 0.6 mi away.
Derwentwater is 0.6 mi from Rivendell Guest House, while Catbells is 4.8 mi away. Whinlatter Forest Park is 5 mi from the property.
This is our guests' favorite part of Keswick, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
- e.g. can you bring a dog?Sorry, no pets allowed.Answered on July 24, 2020
- Hi, I might be arriving before early, it is possible to leave my luggage somewhere safe before the check in and also a few hours after the check out?Hi If you are traveling on public transport, we can arrange somewhere safe for you to leave your luggage. Kind regards Deb Rivendell guest HouseAnswered on July 11, 2021
- Can I park at the guest houseIt is free on street parking at Rivendell Guest HouseAnswered on September 16, 2022
- Do you have any rooms with a bath & shower? Looking for 14-17 March and 18-21 April. ThanksSorry we do no have any baths at Rivendell Guest HouseAnswered on February 23, 2022
- Hi, do you have somewhere we can store our bikes, I’ll be looking for a twin room, we will also have 2 cars is there local free parking? Thanks NeilHi Neil We have secure storage for bikes and its on street free parking. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ring me on 01768..Answered on November 14, 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Rivendell Guest House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform Rivendell Guest House of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
FAQs about Rivendell Guest House
The prices at Rivendell Guest House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Rivendell Guest House is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Room options at Rivendell Guest House include:
Guests staying at Rivendell Guest House can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Rivendell Guest House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
From the nearest airport, you can get to Rivendell Guest House by:
- Train 35min
Rivendell Guest House is 1,950 feet from the center of Keswick.