River Hotel is located in Oxford, 1.4 miles from University of Oxford and less than 0.6 miles from Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology. The property is situated a 13-minute walk from Blackfriars Hall, 0.7 miles from Taylor Institution Library and 0.8 miles from St Cross College.
All rooms in the hotel are individually designed, all come with a desk, WiFi and flat-screen TV. Some rooms also offer a view of the garden leading down to the River Thames.
Guests can enjoy a traditional English breakfast in the restaurant overlooking the River Thames, vegetarian and other diets also catered for.
Museum of the History of Science is 0.9 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Heathrow Airport, 50.3 miles from the accommodation.
This is our guests' favourite part of Oxford, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- What breakfast is available during Covid-19?We offer table service for our usual freshly cooked breakfast with extra precautions, while restaurant tables are suitably spaced apart.Answered on 15 July 2020
- what is the charge for parkingParking is included on most* advertised room rates. There is no need to reserve a spot but please do log your registration details with reception on..Answered on 20 February 2020
- Is there luggage storage at the propertyWe have a secure room next to reception where residents are welcome to store luggage on the morning of arrival, or after check out.Answered on 1 November 2019
- Is there ground floor rooms with viewThere are steps from ground level to the hall floor with reception and restaurant overlooking the River Thames. Bedrooms are located on the first and ..Answered on 31 May 2021
- how far from bus stationThe River Hotel is conveniently located close to the centre of Oxford and is ten minute walk from Oxford bus station. https://riverhotel.co.uk/direct..Answered on 7 February 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Tennis courtOff-site
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Private check-in/check-out
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Wake-up service
- Wake up service/Alarm clock
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Board games/puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Safety deposit box
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
14:00 - 21:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cots are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
River Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Breakfast and parking included, except in 'room only' rate.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary and other relevant information, during dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service operating hours.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform River Hotel in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Bar is closed from Mon 26 Oct 2020 until Sun 31 Jan 2021
FAQs about River Hotel
The prices at River Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
River Hotel is 0.6 miles from the centre of Oxford.
Guests staying at River Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
River Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Tennis court
River Hotel has 1 restaurant:
Room options at River Hotel include:
Check-in at River Hotel is from 14:00, and check-out is until 11:00.