The Royal Horseguards
2 Whitehall Court, Westminster Borough, London, SW1A 2EJ, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 2045 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at The Royal Horseguards.
Executive Room with Garden View
Executive Room with River View
Deluxe Double Room with Garden View
Suite with River View
Deluxe Single Room
Executive Room City View
Suite with City View
Deluxe Double Room with River View
Deluxe Double Room
Deluxe Double Room with City View
The historic and stately Royal Horseguards Hotel is an award-winning 5 star hotel located on London's Embankment at No2 Whitehall. Built in 1884 in the style of a French château, it is now a Grade II Listed building offering a choice of 282 luxurious bedrooms and opulent suites, many affording magnificent views over the Thames. The Royal Horseguards Hotel once served as headquarters for the British Secret Services (MI5 and MI6) and numerous meetings and discussions between influential politicians, statesmen and diplomats have taken place within the walls of the hotel. It’s said that Winston Churchill and others used secret tunnels within the building. During WWII most of the building was taken over by Government departments; the fifth floor utilised by the Russian Embassy, the sixth floor by the American Embassy and the seventh floor by the Air Training Corps. The Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel is beautiful both outside and inside and is often used as a filming location. It has featured in several films, such as The Constant Gardener, Bond films Octopussy and Skyfall, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and TV programmes Mr Selfridge and Downton Abbey to name a few.
The Royal Horseguards takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Playhouse Theatre 0.1 miles
- Embankment 0.1 miles
- Banqueting House 0.1 miles
- Whitehall Palace 0.1 miles
- Victoria Embankment 0.1 miles
- Charing Cross Station 0.1 miles
- Horse Guards Parade at Whitehall 0.1 miles
- Charing Cross 0.1 miles
- Nelson's Column 0.2 miles
- St Martin-in-the-Fields 0.2 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Trafalgar Square 0.2 miles
- London Eye 0.3 miles
- Big Ben 0.4 miles
- Houses of Parliament 0.5 miles
- Piccadilly Circus 0.5 miles
- Buckingham Palace 0.8 miles
- Hyde Park 1.9 miles
- Tower of London 2 miles
- O2 Arena 5.5 miles
- Wembley Stadium 7.5 miles
- The Thames River 0 miles
- London City Airport 7.5 miles
- London Heathrow Airport 14.3 miles
- London Gatwick Airport 24.3 miles
Shopping Nearby – All Within 500 Yards!
Popular brands like: Apple, H&M, Chanel, Burberry
Food Areas Nearby
- China Town Restaurant Market Cafe Food in this area includes: Street food, Traditional, Chinese, Lunch, Dinner, Seafood, Sushi
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
One Twenty One Two Restaurant
6 Reasons to Choose The Royal Horseguards
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in London
- BBQ Facilities (additional charge)
Pool and Spa
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not possible) and costs GBP 40 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Ticket Service
- Currency Exchange
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Suit Press (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Car Rental
- Honeymoon Suite
- VIP Room Facilities
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 3:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cards accepted at this property
Debit card Other
Hover over the cards for more info.