Scotchman Lane Flaxton, York, YO60 7RB, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 1243 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Sandburn Hall! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Located in York, 8.2 miles from York Minster, Sandburn Hall provides accommodations with a garden, free private parking, a terrace and a restaurant. This 4-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk, luggage storage space and free WiFi. Guests can have a drink at the bar.
Every room has a private bathroom, while certain rooms here will provide you with a patio and others also provide guests with a lake view.
A buffet, continental or Full English/Irish breakfast is available daily at the property.
Guests at the hotel will be able to enjoy activities in and around York, like hiking and cycling.
York Train Station is 8.9 miles from Sandburn Hall, while Flamingo Land Theme Park is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Leeds Bradford International Airport, 39 miles from the accommodation.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.Sandburn Hall has been welcoming Booking.com guests since May 4, 2021
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- please could you tell me the difference between a king deluxe and a king superior. Just a little confused.We have different size bedrooms which means the bed will be slightly bigger in our lake or courtyard room compared to a bed in one of our signature rooms.Answered on 6 August 2021
- Do you have car parking for guests?Good morning, Yes we have a very large car park which is available to all our guests for free :) Kind regards, hotel receptionAnswered on 18 January 2022
- What is the difference between a Signature Room and a Premier Room.Hello, Our Premier rooms are larger than the Signature rooms, the room styling is different and they have a separate bath and shower. We hope to welco..Answered on 30 July 2021
- Hi, how far are u from town centre? Is it waking distance? ThanksGood evening, We are a 15-20 minute drive to York town center.Answered on 21 August 2021
- Do you have hair dryers in the room, I’m booked to come in Thursday will pack mine just in case I don’t get a reply quick enough, I should have asked ..Hi, The rooms have hairdryers, mini fridges, tea & coffee facilities, air conditioning, room safe, iron and ironing board. If you're missing anything ..Answered on 21 June 2022
- Still looking?
- Open forBreakfast • Brunch • Lunch • Dinner • High tea
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Traditional
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Private Bathroom
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Badminton equipmentAdditional charge
- Tennis equipmentAdditional charge
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Tennis courtAdditional charge
- Coffee house on site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Baggage storage
- Business centerAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Bathroom emergency cord
- Lowered sink
- Raised toilet
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
From 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM
From 12:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cash Sandburn Hall accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Two electric car charging points are available via the app Pod Point.
Children’s Breakfast is not included in the advertised rates. Please contact the property to discuss your requirements.
Reservations of 6 or more rooms are classed as a group booking and different policies will apply.
Please inform Sandburn Hall of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Tykes: Closed from Tue, Jan 02, 2024 until Wed, Jan 17, 2024
FAQs about Sandburn Hall
The prices at Sandburn Hall may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Sandburn Hall is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Sandburn Hall has 1 restaurant:
Guests staying at Sandburn Hall can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- Breakfast to go
Sandburn Hall offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Tennis court
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Tennis equipment
- Badminton equipment
Room options at Sandburn Hall include:
Sandburn Hall is 7.5 miles from the center of York.