Sea Containers London
20 Upper Ground, Southwark, London, SE1 9PD, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map – Metro access
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 5783 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of London – Excellent location - show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Sea Containers London! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Located on the banks of the River Thames, Sea Containers London is in the famed Sea Containers House, just a 7-minute walk from the Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. The hotel is also 15 minutes' walk from the London Eye, Borough Market, The London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium.
Sea Containers London boasts a riverside restaurant with outdoor seating, a cocktail bar, an agua spa, a rooftop bar and a terrace with panoramic views over London. Free WiFi is available for all guests.
Decorated by award-winning designer Tom Dixon, each room features bespoke furniture, a flat-screen HD TV, air conditioning, dimmable lights and a minibar. The marble bathrooms are complete with either rainfall shower or bath. Extras include a media panel, Malin+Goetz toiletries and satellite channels.
Many of the rooms feature river views, directly facing the Thames. Some also have a balcony. The on-site Curzon screens a range of new releases, classic matinées and family favourites in a bespoke 56-seat cinema from Friday evenings through Sunday.
Waterloo Train Station is a 12-minute journey on foot and London Blackfriars Train Station is 8 minutes' walk away.
This is our guests' favourite part of London, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- Is breakfast includedDear Sender, Many thanks for your email. Breakfast is included in selected packages, kindly check package description, when booking the room. Kind reg..Answered on 30 November 2019
- Do you offer Indian breakfast?Dear Sender, Man thanks for your email. I am afraid, we do not have Indian breakfast, we offer continental and full English breakfast. Kind regards,KrisztinaAnswered on 9 December 2019
- Hi, you are a dog friendly hotel. Which public areas - bar/restaurant, you allow dog too? Not all DF hotels allow in bars :( ThanksHi there. We do love doggos at our hotel and they are welcome in the guest's hotel room, our lobby and our Den area. Dogs are sadly not allowed in our..Answered on 20 May 2021
- Hi, I am wanting to stay at this hotel for my daughter 3rd birthday as it is central to all the things we want to do, is this hotel child friendly?Hi there. Our hotel is certainly child friendly. Children 12 and under have breakfast for free, and on weekends, children under 12 may also dine from ..Answered on 24 May 2021
- Do you provide a cot for free for babiesHi there. We do provide baby cots free of charge. Just let us know before you arrive for check-in, and we can get that set up for you. Cheers, Jade.Answered on 20 May 2021
- Still looking?
Open for: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Most popular facilities
From 15:00 hours
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 13 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
Sea Containers London accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Children can be accommodated in rooms subject to bedding.
Pets are allowed but only in certain room categories and with the below conditions:
- Animal must weigh 20lbs / 9.1kg or less.
- GBP 100 non-refundable deposit will be collected upon arrival.
- Contract/Waiver must be signed upon arrival.
- Pets are not allowed in the bars or restaurants.
- Pets may not be unattended in guest rooms.
Please note, the card holder and the same card used to make the booking must be present at check-in. If the card is not presented, the property will require another payment method.
Smoking, including the smoking of e-cigarettes and vaping, is prohibited everywhere on our premises, except for the patios of Superior Patio Rooms. Please note that, in case a guest if found smoking in our premises, a fine of £350 will be applied to the bill.
You may smoke on the terrace of the 12th Knot bar from the opening time of the venue until 10.00 p.m. Smoking is also permitted on the river walk alongside the hotel, and cigarette posts are available for guests’ use
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Sea Containers is closed from Sat 19 Dec 2020 until Thu 28 Jan 2021
Bar is closed from Mon 20 Jul 2020 until Wed 30 Sept 2020
Bar is closed from Thu 05 Nov 2020 until Wed 02 Dec 2020
Bar is closed from Sat 19 Dec 2020 until Thu 28 Jan 2021
Fitness centre is closed from Sat 15 Aug 2020 until Thu 31 Dec 2020
Fitness centre is closed from Tue 15 Dec 2020 until Wed 31 Mar 2021
Fitness centre is closed from Fri 20 Aug 2021 until Sun 22 Aug 2021
Spa/wellness centre is closed from Thu 05 Nov 2020 until Wed 02 Dec 2020
FAQs about Sea Containers London
Sea Containers London offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Spa and wellness centre
- Fitness centre
- Neck massage
- Bicycle rental
- Hand massage
- Fitness/spa locker rooms
- Couples massage
- Foot bath
- Full body massage
- Spa facilities
- Foot massage
- Back massage
- Head massage
Check-in at Sea Containers London is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
The prices at Sea Containers London may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Sea Containers London is 0.9 miles from the centre of London.
Guests staying at Sea Containers London can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Room options at Sea Containers London include:
Sea Containers London has 1 restaurant:
- Sea Containers
From the nearest airport, you can get to Sea Containers London by:
- Train 35min