On the shores of Loch Gairloch, Shieldaig Lodge is one of the few remaining traditional Highland shooting Lodges open to the public. Located just a 10 mintue from Gairloch, it offers a cozy bar with real fires.
Dating back to the 19th century, the property offers rooms with views over the hills or the loch. The rooms include a TV, alarm clock, and tea and coffee making facilities. The private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries.
In the mornings, Shieldaig Lodge serves full Scottish breakfast. Guests can also enjoy whiskey in the bar and cozy lounges. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.
Set within a 26,000 acre estate, the quiet Shieldaig Lodge is a popular base for hill walking, deer stalking, and fishing. Guests can also enjoy mountain biking over the rugged landscapes of Wester Ross or around Glen Torridon. Day trips from Gairloch include whale-watching expeditions and boat trips to the Shiant Islands. Free private parking is available at the lodge.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Gaineamh Mhor Beach9.0 Wonderful beach1.7 miles from property
- Are you open to non residentsYes we are, however please phone to book for lunch or evening meals.Answered on September 30, 2020
- Do you have a restaurant for evening dinners?Yes, we have a restaurant at the hotel that offers evening meals.Answered on October 12, 2020
- I am 77 and have lost an arm and a leg in an accident so I am in a lightweight electric portable wheelchair. My wife is relatively able-bodied. We a..HI, Unfortunately we dont have a wheelchair accessible room due to the building being an old hunting lodge. We dont have any lift due to the design of..Answered on May 25, 2021
- Hi What is the dress code in the restaurant? ThanksHi, We dont officially have a dress code, however smart casual is recommended.Answered on September 28, 2021
- Is breakfast available? if so what does it cost per person?thank you for your enquiry. a full scottish breakfast is available at a cost of £12.50 per person.Answered on October 19, 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 17 and above are considered adults at this property.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Shieldaig Lodge Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
FAQs about Shieldaig Lodge Hotel
Shieldaig Lodge Hotel has 1 restaurant:
From the nearest airport, you can get to Shieldaig Lodge Hotel by:
- Car 2h
The prices at Shieldaig Lodge Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Shieldaig Lodge Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Shieldaig Lodge Hotel is 2.6 miles from the center of Gairloch.
Yes, Shieldaig Lodge Hotel is popular with guests booking family stays.
Shieldaig Lodge Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Game room
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Horseback riding