Located on the outskirts of Ambleside, Skelwith Bridge Hotel offers en-suite accommodation with free on-site private parking facilities. The property features a garden with a terrace, as well as an à la carte restaurant, a bar and a games room for guests to enjoy.
Each room at Skelwith Bridge Hotel has a work desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with either a bathtub or a shower and free toiletries.
A wholesome breakfast is served every morning in the restaurant or in the guest rooms. A variety of menu options are available for lunch and dinner, and a selection of wines, beers and soft drinks is served in the bar throughout the day.
An array of activities including sailing, cycling, mountain biking, fishing, bird watching, golfing and shopping can be enjoyed in the surroundings of the accommodation. The hotel is 1.9 miles from Rydal Water and Manchester Airport is 94.4 miles away.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- Doog friendlyYes we are a dog friendly hotel. dogs are allowed anywhere in the hotel and bar area except for the main restaurant. We can cater for breakfast and di..Answered on 30 November 2019
- We have three dogs can you accommodate themGood evening unfortunately we only allow a maximum of 2 dogs to occupy one room at one time. Sorry we can not accommodate them all and would like t..Answered on 1 January 2020
- What is your pet policy we have 2 dogs,are they allowed where we are allowed to order foodWe allow dogs in the Talbot Bar but not the main restaurant. You can dine in the Talbot Bar and breakfast can be arranged in the snug area where you c..Answered on 30 November 2019
- Are there downstairs room or a liftThank you for your question. unfortunately we do not have a lift due to the age of our building. we do have one ground floor room, room Grasmere which..Answered on 17 November 2019
- is this property situated to any nice walks not at all intouch with the lakes but wanting a 3 day visit where one day out is for scenic views an walkGood Morning, We are pretty central to a lot of walks. Walks include Louphrigg Fell in to Ambleside, Grasmere and up to the Langdales. Many Thanks ReceptionAnswered on 30 April 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 22:30
08:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
Skelwith Bridge Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Skelwith Bridge Hotel
Guests staying at Skelwith Bridge Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
From the nearest airport, you can get to Skelwith Bridge Hotel by:
- Car 1h 40min
Skelwith Bridge Hotel is 2.1 miles from the centre of Ambleside.
Check-in at Skelwith Bridge Hotel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The prices at Skelwith Bridge Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Skelwith Bridge Hotel has 1 restaurant:
Room options at Skelwith Bridge Hotel include:
Skelwith Bridge Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Games room