St John's Lodge
Lake Road, Windermere, LA23 2EQ, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 603 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
We work hard to make our guests feel welcome at St John's Lodge with a warm welcome, advice about the area, a peaceful night and fabulous breakfast! St John's Lodge has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2016, 2015 and 2014 plus the Visit England 4 Stars, Silver Award for its rooms and customer service and Breakfast Award.
Property surroundings –
- World of Beatrix Potter 0.5 miles
- Lake Windermere 1.1 miles
- Hill Top 2.7 miles
- Grizedale Forest 3.5 miles
- Tarn Hows 5.7 miles
- Rydal Mount & Gardens 6.1 miles
- Rydal Water 6.3 miles
- Coniston Water 6.7 miles
- Lakes Aqaurium 6.7 miles
- Castle Howe 7.2 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Kendal Castle 7.7 miles
- Scafell Pike 13.2 miles
- Wasdale 16.7 miles
- Derwentwater 17.1 miles
- Askham Hall 17.6 miles
- Buttermere 17.8 miles
- Muncaster Castle 19 miles
- Leeds Bradford International Airport 61.1 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
6 reasons to choose St John's Lodge
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
They speak 2 languages
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Windermere
Most popular facilities
- Shallow end
- Pool/beach towels
- Heated pool
- Pool with view
- Indoor pool
- Massage (Additional charge)
- Spa and wellness centre (Additional charge)
- Fitness centre
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not possible).
- Private check-in/check-out
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in/check-out
Entertainment and family services
- Books, DVDs, music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily maid service
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
- Business centre
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Soundproof rooms
- Safety deposit box
- Bridal suite
- VIP room facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
10:30 - 21:30
Until 10:30 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Bankcard St John's Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Check-in is open between 10:30 - 21:30.
A stay at St John’s Lodge includes free access to the MacDonald Leisure club and Spa. This club is situated less than a 15-minute walk / 3 minute drive from St John's Lodge. It has a 50-foot swimming pool, a fitness gym, fitness classes, sauna, steam room, ice room and experience shower. Our guests also receive a 10% discount on beauty treatments, beauty products, massages and male grooming.
- Leave the M6 at junction 36. St John's Lodge is 17 miles from the M6.
- Travel along the A590 by-passing Kendal and then at a large roundabout take the second exit, signposted
- A591 for Windermere -Turn off the A591 at Windermere (The Windermere Hotel is in front of you and the entrance to Windermere train station is on your left)
- Continue down through Windermere village on the one-way system to Lake Road – the main road to Bowness
- You will pass a Lakeland slate monument known as Baddeley Clock on your left, then Morgan’s Dentist and then St John’s Lodge is only a few more doors down on your left.
Please inform St John's Lodge in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.