Stay at Penny's Mill
Penny's Mill, Horn Street, Nunney, Frome, BA11 4NP, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 113 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Stay at Penny's Mill.
We bought Penny's Mill in 1976, about 10 years after it had been converted from a ruin. The free-stone building dates back about 200 years - nobody knows for certain - and over time has produced flour, cloth and even cider. But by the 1930s it was slipping into decline. When we arrived, it was pretty well a two-bedroom house with grand ideas. We knocked down walls, added windows for more light, converted the loft space into bedrooms, added a lovely conservatory - we even bought more garden, so the property is now about 0.8 acres. Our latest move has been to take out old partitions and patio doors to make the entire ground floor open plan or - as they say now - "broken-plan" so you can see right through but still move from space to different space. As you can see, we keep changing and re-inventing things, from the structure to the decorations. It keeps us on the move! One more thing - since this was once a water-mill we have our own river running through the grounds, and our own bridge over it. We have over 100 meters of river frontage, and you can sit on the terrace by the water listening to water tumbling from the mill-pond behind the property.
Stay at Penny's Mill takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Longleat House 4.9 miles
- Longleat Safari Park 4.9 miles
- Stourhead 7.7 miles
- Farleigh Hungerford Castle 9 miles
- Priston Mill 10.3 miles
- Wiltshire Council 10.5 miles
- Entry Hill Golf Club 10.8 miles
- Entry Hill Golf Course 10.8 miles
- Prior Park Landscape Gardens 11.2 miles
- Moorlands Play Area 11.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- University of Bath 11.7 miles
- Bath Spa Train Station 11.8 miles
- Oldfield Park Train Station 11.8 miles
- Wells Cathedral 11.9 miles
- The Roman Baths 12 miles
- Bath Christmas Market 12 miles
- Bath Abbey 12 miles
- Pulteney Bridge 12.1 miles
- The Circus Bath 12.1 miles
- Royal Crescent 12.4 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- The Masons Arms, Frome Restaurant 2.5 miles
- Castello, Frome Restaurant 3 miles
- Frome Independent Market Market 3 miles
- Castle Cafe, Nunney Cafe/Bar 0.2 miles
- Spar, Nunney Marketplace Supermarket 0.2 miles
- The George at Nunney Restaurant 0.2 miles
- Bristol Airport 18.8 miles
- Bournemouth Airport 37.7 miles
- Cardiff Airport 43.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Stay at Penny's Mill
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Baggage Storage
- Ironing Service
Entertainment & Family Services
- Board Games/Puzzles
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Until 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.