143, Strand, Westminster Borough, London, WC2R 1JA, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map – Metro access
Excellent location — rated 9.0/10! (score from 1264 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of London – Excellent location - show map
In the heart of London’s Theatreland, Strand Continental offers basic, budget accommodation, an authentic 1940s-style bar and the India Club Restaurant. Temple Tube Station is a 5-minute walk away.
Strand Continental is within a 10-minute walk of Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square. The London Eye is a 15-minute walk, and a range of theatres, restaurants and bars are just steps away.
Starting on the third floor and accessed by stairs only, the cosy rooms at Strand Continental have shared bathroom facilities. A washbasin is standard in every room.
Full of history, India Club Bar has colonial-style décor, and offers a snack menu featuring South Indian dishes. The restaurant offers home-cooked Indian cuisine, and there is a lounge with free WiFi.
Rooms start from the third floor upwards, there is no lift. A £5 key deposit is required at check in. This is returned at check out when the key is returned.
This is our guests' favourite part of London, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 8.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- we have booked for this saturday 21 December. we are going to see a show which starts at 2.30. could we leave our overnight stuff with you before h..Dear guests, You can always leave your bags with uss before check in and after check out!Answered on 19 December 2019
- Is it quiet at night?Yes it is! You can always request a room on the Somerset Side of the building once you place the reservation. That side turns to be very, very quiet.Answered on 7 January 2020
- Do you offer luggage storage?If you arrive earlier, you are welcome to leave your luggage with us until your room is ready,Answered on 7 January 2020
- Are sheets and towels included?Sheets and Towels are included on the Single, Double and Family Rooms Dormitories also included Sheets, however the Towels cost £2 rental.Answered on 7 January 2020
- Can I use my own sleeping bag?If it's not a massive sleeping bag. Just a regular normal size sleeping bag! ThanksAnswered on 7 January 2020
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
14:00 - 00:00
01:00 - 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 3 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Strand Continental accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that a GBP 5 cash deposit is required on arrival for room keys, which will be returned when the key is returned on departure. If the key is lost, the hotel will keep the deposit.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
FAQs about Strand Continental
From the nearest airport, you can get to Strand Continental by:
- Train 40min
Strand Continental offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Walking tours
- Happy hour
Check-in at Strand Continental is from 14:00, and check-out is until 10:00.
Strand Continental is 850 yards from the centre of London.
The prices at Strand Continental may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.