Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut
Stybeck Farm, Thirlmere, CA12 4TN, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 158 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Offering mountain views, Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut is an accommodation located in Thirlmere, 27 km from World of Beatrix Potter and 33 km from Askham Hall. With free private parking, the property is 11 km from Derwentwater and 26 km from Buttermere. Towels and bed linen are provided in the luxury tent. Lake Windermere is 34 km from the luxury tent, while Cat Bells is 17 km away.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 16 Mar 2017.
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
- Free parking
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
See what guests loved the most:
- ChrisUnited Kingdom“close to everything you need be it biking hiking or just a couple of days away. no internet so if you're the type glued to a screen then its not for you its a working farm with everything you need and nothing you don't i'll definitely be using it...”
- JoUnited Kingdom“Stunning location, surrounded by hills! Peaceful place, owner's so friendly and accomodating. The working farm with free-range chickens and animals in the fields ....wonderful stay.”
- ThomasUnited Kingdom“Great shepherds hut with cooking facilities, close to a pub and close to Keswick”
- MillwardUnited Kingdom“Was clean and comfortable great location too a pub and cafe easy to walk to nice walks around and lake 1 Mile away close to Keswick town centre the host was really nice”
- DeanUnited Kingdom“What a scenic place to stay, stayed here over night with my gf when traveling from Aberdeen back to london, gem of a place shepherds hut is basic but very tranquil, ok the toilet is a short walk, but not a problem they was immaculate tbh, owner...”
- JessicaUnited Kingdom“The location was beautiful and the staff were super friendly and helpful!”
- JenniferAustralia“Beautiful setting and unique experience to stay in the Shepherds Hut. Having basic kitchen facilities meant that we could self cater for dinner and breakfast. At first we were a bit taken aback with the distance and terrain to cross to get to the...”
- Happytraveller8United Kingdom“The view was incredible, a stone's throw away from a beautiful waterfall! We had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend it for an overnight stop!”
- BrianUnited Kingdom“cute little hut, very comfy bed with basic facilities to make a brew and a stove for basic cooking”
- SteveUnited Kingdom“Was expecting basic and it exceeded it. Very friendly and helpful staff. Adequate facilities but wonderful location. Hut was comfy and had more than enough space.”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
Are there shower facilities?Shower and loo are just a short walk to the main houseAnswered on 24 September 2020
What type of accommodation When I went to book it says TENT, but I thought I’d was a hit?Yes it’s a shepherds hutAnswered on 11 July 2021
Hello, would you allow a small dog (always on lead and with their own bed) to stay? Thanks!Yes that would be fineAnswered on 31 May 2021
Do you have parking facilities?Plenty of parkingAnswered on 24 September 2020
Just looking at the hut, the listing is for a tent, can you confirm which it is, plus would i be able to cook my own food, it looks all good, please c..It is a hut and you can cook there is a 2 ringed hob and a fridge also a microwave.Answered on 12 October 2020
Hi, I think I see an outdoor firepit next the hut, am I right? Can guests make a fire outside?It’s not a big fire pit but yes you can have a fire if it’s not a drought.Answered on 15 February 2022
- Still looking?
Property surroundings *
Facilities of Stybeck Farm Shephards HutGreat facilities! Review score, 8.3
- Free parking
- Shared toilet
- Mountain view
- Outdoor furniture
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Invoice provided
- Adult only
- Non-smoking throughout
From 16:00 to 20:30
From 06:00 to 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
There is no capacity for cots at this property.
There is no capacity for extra beds at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Cash is not accepted Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Guests must be quiet between 08:00 and 23:00.
Pets are not allowed.
FAQs about Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut
Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut is 800 yards from the centre of Thirlmere. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
Check-in at Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut is from 16:00, and check-out is until 10:00.
Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
The prices at Stybeck Farm Shephards Hut may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.