The Aston Tavern
10 Aston Hall Road Aston, Birmingham, B6 7FF, United Kingdom – Great location - show map
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Aston Tavern! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.The Aston Tavern offers 17 bedrooms in a Victorian venue, located just outside of Birmingham city center.
Each room is fitted with four-poster beds, Sky TV, free WiFi and mini bar, heated towel rail, premium tea and coffee. Each uniquely themed room features a kettle, clothes rails, toiletries, hairdryer and bed linen and towels.
Continental and Full English breakfast are provided in the onsite restaurant, along with lunch.
The Aston Tavern is located 1,650 feet from Aston Villa Football Ground and Aston Hall. The ICC is located 3.9 mi away, while the NEC is 11 mi from the property.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.2 for a two-person trip.The Aston Tavern has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Mar 13, 2019
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Please can you let me know if the bathrooms have a walk in shower, as I am unable to use a bath. Thanks.Hi, Yes - all Rooms have an En suite Bathroom with a Walk in Shower. Kind Regards, MichelleAnswered on 20 January 2022
- Does the hotel have parking or is there a nearby car park please? Our check in date is 6/8/22Hi, We do have a car park, which is free for all guests at our Hotel. Kind regards MichelleAnswered on 21 July 2022
- do you have a bar, and are there other pubs or restaurants in walking distance ?Hi, Yes - we do have a Bar at the Aston Tavern,There is another Public House nearby (The Aston Inn) which is just meters down Aston Hall Road, Star Ci..Answered on 24 April 2022
- Hello is the tavern close to the location of the holie suite, villa park, trinity rd, Birmingham, b6 6he? Or is this a distance away?Hi, Yes - the Holte Suite is very close, just a 2/3 minute walk from The Aston Tavern. Hope this helps! MichelleAnswered on 21 April 2022
- Hi, is the hotel ok for villa fans? I know the pubs are split for home and away fans. We’re travelling from down south so would need to stay the nightHi, Yes, Fans are more than welcome to stay over Match days, its an ideal place as just a few seconds walk to the game, with Secure Parking available ..Answered on 20 February 2022
- Still looking?
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Live sports events (broadcast)Additional charge
- Live music/PerformanceAdditional charge
- Movie nightsAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Private check-in/out
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
From 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Cash is not accepted The Aston Tavern accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please inform The Aston Tavern of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Aston Tavern
The Aston Tavern is 1.8 miles from the center of Birmingham.
Guests staying at The Aston Tavern can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The prices at The Aston Tavern may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Aston Tavern is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Aston Tavern offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Movie nights
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Live music/Performance
Room options at The Aston Tavern include: