Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
The Balmoral Hotel
1 Princes Street, Old Town, Edinburgh, EH2 2EQ, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.9/10! (score from 2126 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Edinburgh – Excellent location – show map
Located on Princes Street, The Balmoral has a 4 AA Rosette restaurant, a pool and a gym. Waverley Station and Edinburgh's main shopping area are within 5 minutes' walk.
First opened in 1902, The Balmoral now offers rooms with a spacious marble bathroom and an interactive TV. Many rooms have views towards Edinburgh Castle and the Old Town.
Number One Restaurant provides a fine dining menu, while Brasserie Prince offers an informal dining atmosphere. Palm Court features afternoon tea and the Bar Prince serves innovative cocktails in a relaxed setting, while the SCOTCH offers over 500 varieties of Scottish Whiskey.
With a sauna and a Turkish steam room, The Balmoral Spa features 5 treatment rooms and an exercise studio.
With its own splendid clock tower, The Balmoral offers 5-star accommodations in the heart of Edinburgh. The city’s airport is a 25-minute drive from the building.
This is our guests' favorite part of Edinburgh, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.9 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose The Balmoral Hotel
- Is pool / sauna / steamroom access free to all guests?Good Morning, Thank you very much for your enquiry. I can certainly confirm that our guests enjoy complimentary access to our swimming pool and spa ...Answered on January 12, 2020
- Is there access to the spa?All of our residents have access to the Spa (pool, gym, sauna, steam room)Answered on December 21, 2019
- Do you have any TWIN ROOMS at all?Most of our room categories can be twinned (expect Classic Rooms).Answered on October 16, 2019
- Do you have any valentine special layouts that an be done? Looking for something for 14th FebruaryAt the moment there are no packages planned for Valentines Day however we are more than happy to help organise any extras to be placed in the room.Answered on December 21, 2019
- Can I get a newspaper delivered to my room and is there a charge for this?We offer the Scotsman newspaper with our compliments. Other newspapers are available for a feeAnswered on October 1, 2020
- Still looking?
Food: British, French
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Open for: Dinner
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
1:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Crib by request
Extra bed by request
|£50 per child, per night|
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The maximum number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check your selected room for the maximum capacity.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Balmoral Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about The Balmoral Hotel
The prices at The Balmoral Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Guests staying at The Balmoral Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.7).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Check-in at The Balmoral Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
The Balmoral Hotel is 1,950 feet from the center of Edinburgh.
Room options at The Balmoral Hotel include:
The Balmoral Hotel has 2 restaurants:
- Brasserie Prince
- Number One
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Balmoral Hotel by:
- Tram 40min
The Balmoral Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Turkish/Steam Bath
- Foot massage
- Steam room
- Personal trainer
- Body wrap
- Spa lounge/Relaxation area
- Beauty services
- Hand massage
- Body treatments
- Back massage
- Locker rooms
- Head massage
- Spa facilities
- Swimming pool
- Walking tours
- Full-body massage
- Neck massage
- Facial treatments
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Body scrub