Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant
Canal Foot, Ulverston, LA12 9EL, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 314 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
On the shores of Levens Estuary, The Bay Horse Hotel is just 2 miles from Ulverston center. With cozy log fires and a traditional restaurant, there is also free parking and free Wi-Fi.
The rooms at The Bay Horse feature large windows and private bathrooms. Rooms also have tea and coffee facilities, a hairdryer and ironing facilities. Some rooms feature impressive sea views and private balconies.
The Bay Horse Conservatory Restaurant serves a creative British menu using local produce. The well-stocked bar offers a range of beverages and real ales, and features a spacious terrace. Traditional Cumbrian breakfasts are also available daily.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside, The Bay Horse Hotel offers easy access to nearby walking routes and fishing lakes. Lake Windermere and Coniston Water are a 20-minute drive away, and Barrow-in-Furness is 25 minutes’ drive. The village of Cartmel is 14 miles away and can be accessed by road or train.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant
- Can dogs stay in the roomshello yes we do allow dogs but we do charge £10 per dog per night.Answered on February 5, 2020
- Is there somewhere to wash dogs after a walk? Especially muddy paws. Thanks KayIf you book a sea view room (strongly recommended for dog owners), you would be able to bring a bowl to wash paws in before entering your room via the...Answered on August 2, 2020
- When you have breakfast where would our dog be allowedYou would be allowed to have breakfast in the bar with your dog.Answered on May 19, 2021
- Hi looking to book for 2 nights on 20th may, what is refund policy if lockdown restrictions are not lifted on the expected date of 17th may .We would keep your deposit till restrictions were lifted and you could visit.Answered on March 12, 2021
- hello are you in tier 2 as I will like to stay for 1 night, I am coming from a tier 2 areahello, yes we are in tier two and are open for room bookings.Answered on December 10, 2020
- Still looking?
THE BAY HORSE HOTEL AND RESTAURANT
Open for: Lunch, Dinner
Most popular amenities
2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Debit card The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
The fine print
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service hours.
Please inform The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant by:
- Train 10min
- Car 1h 20min
The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant has 1 restaurant:
- THE BAY HORSE HOTEL AND RESTAURANT
Check-in at The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant is from 2:30 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Guests staying at The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The prices at The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
Room options at The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant include:
The Bay Horse Hotel And Restaurant is 1.8 miles from the center of Ulverston.