The Bear Hotel
High Street, Cowbridge, CF71 7AF, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 211 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at The Bear Hotel.
Learn a little more about the Bear Hotel… our origins stretch as far back as the 12th Century, and we are best known as being the inn where they changed the horses on the mail run from Cardiff to Swansea. During the 18th Century, Napoleon’s troops were held in the ‘Bear Pit’ en route to London after a failed invasion at Fishguard! This famous coaching inn is steeped in history. Nowadays, we’re famed for our home-cooked food, friendly atmosphere & really good ale.
The Bear Hotel takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Beaupre Castle 0.8 miles
- Fonmon Castle 5.3 miles
- Penmark Castle 5.4 miles
- St Donat's Castle 5.4 miles
- Llantrisant Castle 5.5 miles
- Coity Castle 5.8 miles
- Newcastle Castle 5.8 miles
- Dyffryn Gardens 6.5 miles
- Creigiau Golf Course 6.7 miles
- Ogmore Castle 6.8 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Cardiff International Sports Stadium 10.4 miles
- Ice Arena Wales 11.5 miles
- Principality Stadium 11.6 miles
- Cardiff Central Station 11.7 miles
- St David's Shopping Center 11.7 miles
- Cardiff Castle 11.7 miles
- Cardiff University 11.8 miles
- St. David's Hall 11.8 miles
- University of South Wales - Cardiff Campus 12.1 miles
- Cardiff Bay 12.3 miles
- Cardiff Airport 6.5 miles
- Bristol Airport 32.2 miles
- Exeter International Airport 50.4 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose The Bear Hotel
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf Course (within 2 miles)
Food & Drink
Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Packed Lunches
- Honeymoon Suite
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Room Service
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:00 PM - 11:00 PM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 4 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 15 per person per night in a crib.
All older children or adults are charged GBP 25 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/cribs in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.