The Boar's Head
Ripley Castle Estate, Ripley,, Harrogate, HG3 3AY, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 1272 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Boar's Head! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Placed next to the impressive 700 year-old Ripley Castle, The Boar's Head features traditional rooms with free Wi-Fi as well as an on-site restaurant. The charming spa town of Harrogate is just 3 miles away.
Equipped with a TV, free tea and coffee and a private bathroom, each room has bright, individual décor. Some rooms also have bathrobes in the large bathroom.
The Boar's Head’s contemporary dining room has a seasonal menu focusing on fresh, local produce. The wine list is selected by Sir Thomas Ingilby of Ripley Castle, and the bar stocks local real ales.
Beautiful rural scenery is on the doorstep, and is perfect for walking. The Inn has free parking, and is about a 20-minute drive from the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there air conditioning?Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning.Answered on 18 August 2020
- Is there parking available behind the Boars head?yes and in front also street parking tooAnswered on 16 October 2021
- Is the hotel pet free, ie. No dogs or catsHi there, We have 9 dog friendly rooms here at The Boars Head. Our bar area is dog friendly, but the dining room is not. Kind Regards, Katie Duty ManagerAnswered on 3 July 2022
- Does the small double room currently available have its own entrance?Our rooms have shared entrances.Answered on 9 September 2020
- Is there parking?Thank you for your message. There is parking at The Boars's Head, Castle and throughout the villageAnswered on 20 October 2021
- Still looking?
The Boar's Head Restaurant
The Boar's Head Pub
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- ArcheryAdditional charge
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Flat-screen TV
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Street parking
- Accessible parking
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Outdoor play equipment for kids
- Board games/Puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
2:00 PM - 8:30 PM
7:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
The Boar's Head accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that only the following rooms types are dog friendly: Superior Suite, Deluxe double or Twin, Small Double or Twin, Superior Deluxe Double or Twin.
Please note that a surcharge of GBP 10 per dog per night, will apply. It will include a dog bed and treats. All pets need to be pre authorized by the property. Please make this request at the time of booking using the Special Request box.
Please note that/ residents cannot be guaranteed a table for dinner in the restaurant; reservations are recommended. We have limited dog friendly rooms available; please call our reservations team directly. We have limited dog friendly rooms in the Courtyard.
There is a dog fee of £10 per dog, per night.
FAQs about The Boar's Head
Room options at The Boar's Head include:
The prices at The Boar's Head may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at The Boar's Head can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Check-in at The Boar's Head is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:30 AM.
The Boar's Head offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Tour or class about local culture
The Boar's Head is 3.1 miles from the center of Harrogate.
The Boar's Head has 2 restaurants:
- The Boar's Head Restaurant
- The Boar's Head Pub