Forest Coal Pit, Pont Newydd, NP7 7LW, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 406 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Celyn! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Surrounded by Brecon Beacons National Park, The Celyn is a bed and breakfast set within a 300 acre working farm in the beautiful county of Monmouthshire. The property offers free private parking and free Wi-Fi is accessible throughout.
The Celyn is a country house that has been rustically furnished for a comfortable countryside stay. The building features oak beams and traditional wood burning stoves, and has a lounge for relaxing after a day spent walking in the peaks.
All rooms at the bed and breakfast have an private bathroom and a television. Each room also enjoys panoramic views of Sugar Loaf Mountain and Gwryne Fawr River.
A traditional Welsh breakfast is served daily in the dining room. The property uses local produce wherever possible, and guests can enjoy bacon from the local butcher as well as water from the local spring. Further food options are within 3 miles of The Celyn.
The town of Crickhowell is a 10-minute drive from the property, and Abergavenny Railway Station is 6 miles away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there a hairdryer in the room?Hi, Yes there are hairdryers in all rooms. Kind regardsAnswered on 23 November 2019
- Hi I really like the look of your place but dont like breakfast in bed. Can we eat it in the dining room and is it a cooked breakfast?So sorry but given the Covid restrictions we are only able to offer breakfast in the room.Answered on 9 September 2020
- Is the shower a walk in? I can't manage an over bath shower!Hello, yes, all showers are walk in showers Kind regardsAnswered on 7 October 2022
- Please could I ask if any of your rooms have kingsize beds? MarianneHello, yes our superior room has a king bed Kind regards SarahAnswered on 7 October 2022
- Hi, are you accepting guests in the week beginning Monday 13th July and would you still be offering breakfast. I wont state the obvious of why I'm ask..Hello Hugh Thanks for your mail. I doubt we will he opening up on 13th at the moment. We will keep it under review. Kind regards SarahAnswered on 21 June 2020
- Still looking?
Hosted by Sarah
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Walk-in closet
- Inner courtyard view
- River view
- Landmark view
- Mountain view
- Garden view
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor dining area
- Sun deck
- High chair
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Drying rack for clothing
- Clothes rack
- Streaming service (like Netflix)
- iPod dock
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Accessible parking
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- Board games/Puzzles
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit press
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Adults only
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Executive lounge access
- Wake-up service
- Tile/Marble floor
- Packed lunches
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
- Beach umbrellas
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service hours.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform The Celyn of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Celyn
The prices at The Celyn may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at The Celyn can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
- Breakfast to go
Room options at The Celyn include:
The Celyn offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
The Celyn is 1.2 miles from the center of Pont Newydd.
Yes, The Celyn is popular with guests booking family stays.
Check-in at The Celyn is from 5:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.