The Close Hotel
8 Long Street , Tetbury, GL8 8AQ, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 864 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Close Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Set in the Cotswold market town of Tetbury, this charming town house dates back to 1535 and features a restaurant with views of the walled garden and fountain. There is free Wi-Fi and free parking on site.
Every room at The Close Hotel is individually decorated with a mix of antique and modern furniture, and most have views of the pretty garden. Features include a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, and private bathroom.
A full cooked breakfast is served each morning in the common dining room. Locally sourced ingredients are used in at the restaurant.
Tetbury’s shops and restaurants are within a 5-minute walk from The Close Hotel, and Cirencester is a 20-minute drive away. Bristol can be reached in around 35 minutes by car.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.The Close Hotel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Apr 19, 2013
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- with half board is dinner in the restaurant and are there any restictions on menu choicesI can confirm that dinner is served in the restaurant. There is a £40 per per allowance to use towards to food only.Answered on 30 September 2020
- Do you have rooms on the ground floor with disabled access fitted with rails near sink, toilet bed etc. Is there disabled step free access to the re..We have one room on the ground floor that meets this description. There are a few steps in-between the bar and restaurant, however there is a rail on ..Answered on 27 March 2021
- Do you have dog friendly rooms on ground floorThank you for your question. The hotel has a dog friendly good double room and a dog friendly excellent room, located on the ground floor.Answered on 19 May 2021
- Hi do you have parking facilities?Yes we have a car park at the rear of the hotelAnswered on 2 August 2021
- Hello. If we booked this room, could we bring our well behaved dog with us? And can she sit under the table at diner ? Thank you.Some of our rooms are dog friendly. When you make a reservation please leave a comment in the notes section that you are bringing your dog (please not..Answered on 22 June 2021
- Still looking?
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Horseback ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' meals
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Invoice provided
- ATM on site
- Express check-in/outAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/Puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit press
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Packed lunches
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
From 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
From 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Cash is not accepted The Close Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about The Close Hotel
The Close Hotel is 800 feet from the center of Tetbury.
Check-in at The Close Hotel is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at The Close Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at The Close Hotel include:
Guests staying at The Close Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The Close Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Walking tours
- Bike tours
- Horseback riding