The Cottage Bed & Breakfast
The Cottage Bed & Breakfast, The Coombes, Polperro, PL13 2RQ, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.8/10! (score from 62 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
At the guest house, the rooms come with a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, bed linen and towels. Every room is fitted with a safety deposit box, while selected rooms also feature a patio and others also feature garden views. All guest rooms will provide guests with a wardrobe and a kettle.
A continental, Full English/Irish or vegetarian breakfast is available every morning at the property.
Guests at The Cottage Bed & Breakfast will be able to enjoy activities in and around Polperro, like hiking and snorkelling.
Cathedral Church of St Mary and St Boniface is 26.7 miles from the accommodation, while Marsh Mills is 26.7 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Cornwall Airport, 33.6 miles from The Cottage Bed & Breakfast.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.The Cottage Bed & Breakfast has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 6 Dec 2021.
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- hello I would like to book a room. for the 29th January, 1 night 2 people. For some reason I can't seem to book on line. could you help please thank uThanks so much for letting us know! I think the problem should now be solved, but if not, you can find us on Facebook. Thanks again!Answered on 7 December 2021
- Hi. Do you have parking?Hello, my apologies for the delay in replying. I have only just seen this message. Yes, we currently include parking in the room price, in the main ..Answered on 4 November 2022
- Hi good evening we are thinking of booking but my partner is gluten free coeliac would there be any food she could eat at all please many thanks ￼￼Hello there! I LOVE this question. I have been gluten free for 27 years myself and am so fed up with getting second class food everywhere so we absolu..Answered on 13 March 2022
- Hi, we reserved a couple of nights & advised that this booking was not available. Dates are still showing as being available 24x hours + later, on th..Hi, there! I’m afraid that the way the system works, it’s not showing me who you are or when your booking is. Could you whizz me the details and I’ll ..Answered on 5 January 2022
- Hi I see you accept dogs. Do you allow them in the breakfast room? Kind regardsHello there. We do allow dogs in the breakfast room, so long as they are well behaved, under control, on a lead and it doesn't bother any of the other guests.Answered on 1 February 2023
- Still looking?
Hosted by Maz and Simon Pennington
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Live music/performanceOff-site
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- Pub crawls
- Temporary art galleriesOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Games room
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Coffee house on site
- Pet bowls
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Private check-in/check-out
- Packed lunches
- Express check-in/check-out
- Invoice provided
- Board games/puzzles
- Books, DVDs, or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Safety deposit box
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 15:00 to 20:00
From 09:00 to 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no cots available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Cash The Cottage Bed & Breakfast accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
FAQs about The Cottage Bed & Breakfast
The Cottage Bed & Breakfast is 500 yards from the centre of Polperro.
Check-in at The Cottage Bed & Breakfast is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Guests staying at The Cottage Bed & Breakfast can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 5.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- Breakfast to go
The Cottage Bed & Breakfast offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Games room
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Live music/performance
- Pub crawls
- Temporary art galleries
- Cooking class
Room options at The Cottage Bed & Breakfast include:
The nearest beach is just 550 yards from The Cottage Bed & Breakfast.
The prices at The Cottage Bed & Breakfast may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.