The Countryman's Inn
South View, Hunton, DL8 1PY, United Kingdom –
The stone built property is 200 yards from the centre of Hunton which is itself midway between Bedale & Leyburn & close to historic Richmond, Middleham & Catterick (both Garrison & racecourse). We are ideally placed for guests visiting Catterick Garrison for Pass Off Parades, Middleham, for its racing stables open day on every Good Friday, its historic castle The castle was the boyhood home to Richard the Third & Middleham celebrates it's Richard the Third weekend held annually to celebrate his birthday. We are close to historic Richmond with its castle and famous Green Howard Regimental museum,as well as Catterick, Thirsk & Ripon racecourses, all of which are local to the pub. York, Harrogate and Newcastle are within one hours drive. The pub has four modern & well equipped letting rooms catering for singles to families or groups of up to 5 walkers, cyclists or golfers.
The Countryman's Inn takes special requests - add in the next step!
Property surroundings –
- Bedale Golf Club 5.2 miles
- Richmond Castle 5.2 miles
- Richmond Magistrates Court 5.6 miles
- Forbidden Corner 6.9 miles
- Scotch Corner Services A1 8.2 miles
- Bolton Castle 9.6 miles
- Aysgarth Falls 11.3 miles
- Lightwater Valley Theme Park 11.5 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Local village store Supermarket 0 miles
- Tesco 24/7 Catterick Supermarket 3 miles
- Newton le Willows Tea Room Cafe/bar 3 miles
- Catterick Sunday Market Market 4 miles
- Bedale Market each Teusday Market 5 miles
- Numerous & variety in Bedale & Leyburn Supermarket 5 miles
- Numerous in Bedale,& Leyburn Cafe/bar 5 miles
- Masham Market Wednesdays & Saturdays Market 8 miles
- Jearveux Abbey Tea Rooms Cafe/bar 8 miles
- River Ure in Wensleydale River 5 miles
- Middlham Moor & Middleham High Moor Mountain 5 miles
- Pen Hill views into Wensleydale & Swaledale Mountain 7 miles
- Aysgarth Falls River Ure River 7 miles
- Pinkers Pond Lake 7 miles
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Mountain 7 miles
- Leeds Bradford International Airport 31.8 miles
- Newcastle International Airport 49 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose The Countryman's Inn
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Sun terrace
- BBQ facilities
Free! Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
- Horse riding Off-site (Additional charge)
- Cycling Off-site
- Fishing Off-site (Additional charge)
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
Food & Drink
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily maid service
- Shared lounge/TV area
- ATM/cash machine on site
- Luggage storage
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
Entertainment and family services
- Children television networks
- Books, DVDs, music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Newspapers (Additional charge)
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
18:00 - 22:00
09:00 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 6 years stays free of charge when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Guests should kindly note free parking is available both at the rear and front of the building. The rear car park is accessed through a narrow archway. However, the off-street, private parking to the front of the building is easily accessible with no restrictions.
Please note that this hotel does not accept American Express.
Please note that not all rooms can accommodate extra beds, please see specific room descriptions for details.
Please note any guest who takes takeaway food to their room without prior permission may be subject to a supplementary GBP 20 room cleaning charge to cover the additional cost of removing rubbish and food odours.