The Countryman's Inn
South View, Hunton, DL8 1PY, United Kingdom –
The stone built property is 200 yards from the centre of Hunton which is itself midway between Bedale & Leyburn & close to historic Richmond, Middleham & Catterick (both Garrison & racecourse). We are ideally placed for guests visiting Catterick Garrison for Pass Off Parades, Middleham, for its racing stables open day on every Good Friday, its historic castle The castle was the boyhood home to Richard the Third & Middleham celebrates it's Richard the Third weekend held annually to celebrate his birthday. We are close to historic Richmond with its castle and famous Green Howard Regimental museum,as well as Catterick, Thirsk & Ripon racecourses, all of which are local to the pub. York, Harrogate and Newcastle are within one hours drive. The pub has four modern & well equipped letting rooms catering for singles to families or groups of up to 5 walkers, cyclists or golfers.
Area Info –
- Bedale Golf Club 5.2 miles
- Richmond Castle 5.2 miles
- Richmond Magistrates Court 5.6 miles
- Forbidden Corner 6.9 miles
- Scotch Corner Services A1 8.2 miles
- Bolton Castle 9.6 miles
- Aysgarth Falls 11.3 miles
- Lightwater Valley Theme Park 11.5 miles
- Blackwell Grange Golf Club 13.7 miles
- Darlington Arena 14.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Raby Castle 18.7 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Tesco 24/7 Catterick Supermarket 3 miles
- Newton le Willows Tea Room Cafe/Bar 3 miles
- Catterick Sunday Market Market 4 miles
- Bedale Market each Teusday Market 5 miles
- Numerous & variety in Bedale & Leyburn Supermarket 5 miles
- Numerous in Bedale,& Leyburn Cafe/Bar 5 miles
- Masham Market Wednesdays & Saturdays Market 8 miles
- Jearveux Abbey Tea Rooms Cafe/Bar 8 miles
- Local village store Supermarket 0 miles
- River Ure in Wensleydale River 5 miles
- Middlham Moor & Middleham High Moor Mountain 5 miles
- Pen Hill views into Wensleydale & Swaledale Mountain 7 miles
- Aysgarth Falls River Ure River 7 miles
- Pinkers Pond Lake 7 miles
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Mountain 7 miles
- Leeds Bradford Airport 31.8 miles
- Newcastle Airport 49 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose The Countryman's Inn
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Sun Deck
- BBQ Facilities
Free! Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
- Horseback Riding Off-site (additional charge)
- Cycling Off-site
- Fishing Off-site (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily Housekeeping
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- ATM On Site
- Baggage Storage
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
Entertainment & Family Services
- Kids' TV Networks
- Books, DVDs, Music for Kids
- Board Games/Puzzles
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Guests should kindly note free parking is available both at the rear and front of the building. The rear car park is accessed through a narrow archway. However, the off-street, private parking to the front of the building is easily accessible with no restrictions.
Please note that this hotel does not accept American Express.
Please note that not all rooms can accommodate extra beds, please see specific room descriptions for details.
Please note any guest who takes takeaway food to their room without prior permission may be subject to a supplementary GBP 20 room cleaning charge to cover the additional cost of removing rubbish and food odours.
It's recommended to bring your own vehicle since this property is not serviced by public transportation.